Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of GM High Tech Performance, there is a chick with an 04 goat that isn't much more then stock running high 10s in the quarter and sporting one of your intakes! It looks even better in print then it does on a computer monitor. I know you don't need the added publicity right now, lol, but you could very well see another surge in orders! Kudos bro!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is running ported 243 heads, FAST 92 intake, 48 lbs. injectors, 90mm Nick Williams throttle body, Svede CAI, no MAF (speed density tuning), Kooks 1 7/8 headers, custom Mufflex 3 inch dual exhaust, stock auto tranny, Circle D 4000 rpm stall, tranny cooler, Driveshaft Shop 1 piece driveshaft, stock IRS, 3.91 gears, 28x10.5 Hoosier slicks, full Pedders suspension, custom cam 230/240 @ .050. 10.89 @ 122.7 mph, 1.44 60 ft. No power adders.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Is it LS1Melissa on the 'other forum'?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably. Melissa Fiorello is her name. I hardly ever spent any time at all on the LS1 forum until I started trying to sell my 243 heads. Put an add on here and then tried on there and they wouldn't let me because I did't have 100 posts in, even though I had been a member there since 06, about as long as here, the moderator was a major **** about it too. So, I started posting alot, making little comments here and there like "I agree, or nice results", stuff like that, then another moderator called me a posting whore, lol, stupid bastard.

A week of this goes on and I end up selling my heads off this site about the time I had a blowout on their site because I got sick and tired of 3 or 4 different internet bullies who are famous for enertaining the masses over there that have like 2, 3, 4000 posts each, so I stood my ground, told a couple of them what I thought about them hiding behind their computer monitors, asked one of them to ehem... "meet" me at one of the three cities I stayed in for the Hot Rod Power Tour, so we could "meet" face to face and finish our converstation in person... then one of the moderators says I am either threatening one of their members and he is going to boot me off the forum or I am gay looking for a guy to shack up with during the tour, lol.

I sent that moderator a PM telling him how I felt about the job he was doing, lol. Eventually, all the threads got pulled with all the garbage talk in them and I never did get booted, after I pretty much did everything but question the moderator's grandmother's sexuality. Since then, I only go there to search information when I can't find it here. I don't post or converse anymore, just not worth my time. :cool

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I did, since Svede didn't answer me on here. He is also a member with the same user name on both forums. He has been more then helpful to me sending me TONS of PMs back and trying to decide if his intake was right for me or not, and not just trying to make a buck, actually kind of steered me away from it, since planning on going F.I. and not having room for an intercooler. He is a class act guy and I gave credit wherever I saw fit to give him. Even on the "other" forum.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more thing, it also seems like everybody and their Grandma have Svede's intake on the other forum and I know of nobody on here that does and ALL gto owners I run into at the cruise in on Friday night are too cheap to pay 25 bucks (give or take) for a 1 year subscription to a magazine that only gives you 9 issues every twelve months, so again, I saw oppurtunity to let the masses know that Svede is slowly, if accidentally, making himself known in the LS world.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
I just saw the post on the "other" board and replied. The kudos should go to Al and Melissa for the hard work and putting together a great car. Here I can add that I'm excited not only for getting a picture and mention of my intake in the article but also that they chose my intake after testing various ones including a 4" and the Vararam. The 4" worked as well as mine but needed the headlight out to get good air in (even with a "heat shield"). Mine had form and functionality and is something that works on the street as well. Al changed out the '04 radiator to an '05 one and made other changes to get the Vararam installed. The Vararam from what I gather didn't last more than a day due how poorly it performed. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am confused about what got you banned - maybe i missed something.

In any event that is LS1Melissa. I race her all the time and there isn't a classier racer out there. She is the first one to come up and congradulate you - win, lose or draw.

O'h I forgot - did I mention she is brutal off the tree.

Her & Al are great people & have a great team - you guys gotta come to Etown to run with us.

The Svede works well on her car too (as it does on mine!!!)

Steve

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
One more thing, it also seems like everybody and their Grandma have Svede's intake on the other forum and I know of nobody on here that does and ALL gto owners I run into at the cruise in on Friday night are too cheap to pay 25 bucks (give or take) for a 1 year subscription to a magazine that only gives you 9 issues every twelve months, so again, I saw oppurtunity to let the masses know that Svede is slowly, if accidentally, making himself known in the LS world.
I have a Svede. And for the record, I joined here first, and knew about it from this site.:cheers I lurk the tuning and sale sections over there, and a hook & jab or two in the lounge. Pricks a plenty, but I think they just hate on peeps with a low post count. Whatever. :cool

IF you can get past the Dbaggery there is good info there just as well as here. Both sites will tell you: search. It works, and I'm a firm believer in it. :party:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts