Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought My GTO almost 2 months ago now – Love it more every day… But, the dealership has been lame beyond belief regarding after sale service…

Anyway, before I purchased the car I shopped around looking for the one I wanted at the price I wanted… I did find out that as long as I have a non-GM car I am eligible for the conquest rebate of $1000. During price negotiations I told them I am eligible for the Conquest and they were like the only Pontiac dealership that seemed clueless to what I was talking about. Anyway, they said that if I’m truly eligible then I will receive the rebate. The head salesperson found the paperwork for the Conquest rebate when I was working with the finance officer. They said they would contact me one way or the other… well, almost two months have past and no call-back, letter, or anything. In fact, I have yet to receive my license plates! I call their finance department and always no answer and nobody returns phone calls…

Am I being dicked out of my Conquest rebate?

Glad I bought the GTO… but this dealership truly SUCKS!

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I was shopping GTOs, I got in contact with the Fleet/internet sales manager at my local dealer. One of the things he asked me was if I had a non GM car registered at my address. I said my dad had a Honda and he told me to bring in the registration with me when I was ready to deal. I shopped at two other Pontiac dealers and they never mentioned the conquest rebate. I went back to the first dealer(Marina Pontiac-GMC) and worked out a deal with the salesman(Luis). He spent a few minutes looking for any other available rebates. Besides the $1000 conquest and pre-July 1st $500 GTO rebate, he found another $500 but I don't recall what it was.

Did they make a photocopy of your non-GM car's registration? If so, it sounds like your dealer wants it for themselves.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have the registration when I purched the car but faxed it to them on Monday morning (I bought it on a Friday night). I didn't hear anything back from them and they didn't return my phone calls so I went there that Friday and hand delivered it to them...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Rusty said:
I didn't have the registration when I purched the car but faxed it to them on Monday morning (I bought it on a Friday night). I didn't hear anything back from them and they didn't return my phone calls so I went there that Friday and hand delivered it to them...
Is there gm loyatlyonwer rebate ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.