Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have reading your threads for a while. I am a current owner of an '04 grand prix gtp competition group with some engine work. I am really interested in ordering an '06 GTO. Good ole Lingenfelter is just down the road from me, and for around 8k they can boost up the hp to around 490.
Anywho, a few questions:
1) The dealer said they can have the 18 inch rims chromed for around $500...has anyone else had their stock rims chromed?
2) I am not familiar with Blaupunkt, but I do like my monsoon and my wife's Bose in her Envoy. Is it that bad?
3) How does the GTO handle in snow?
4) Any other reasons why I should/should not trade in my grand prix?
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!! :cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ace,
For less than 500 I picked up a set of Fitipaldi wheels and put my stock tires on for summer and use the stock wheels for my Blizzaks. I think it handles fine in Wisconsin winters, but only had it in one winter so far. Definitely needs snows though. Tried the first snowstorm on the stock tires and made the drift crowd look like amateurs.
Lots of people here dis the stereo, but honestly the CDs sound pretty good and I don't listen to the radio loud as I really like the sound of the engine. I can't give any reasons not to trade for this car, but if you do, you won't regret it. Best car I've owned and my last 2 were German.

David

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ace,

I've had my GTO for about a year and a half now - only problem was the doorlocks stuck. Dealer fixed them and haven't had a problem since. I got the car with the factory wheels cromed by the dealer. The only problem I have seen is while putting on the snows for the next winter I have seen the crome on the inside of the wheel peeling. I don't know how far this will go cause I haven't really had it in the snow & salt for the winter. I put it away last year and will probably do the same for most of this years winter as well. I have a hard enough time keeping the tires from spinning on the dry pavement. Most guys have said the car does ok in the snow for how much power is going to the rear wheels. I don't think you will be unhappy getting this car cause it has alot of smile factor. It feels and handles good at higher speeds and for the most part is a very comfortable car - I don't mind the radio cause it suits me just fine and I like being able to put 6 CD's in at one time. :cheers :rofl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses...
What's interesting is my CompG had the chrome peeling on the inside (which are stock) and had to have 2 replaced. I agree, I think this will be a great replacement for my GP, but I do love the front wheel drive in the snow. BTW, are the grill inserts that are sunken in SPO? Can you order them from the dealer...because I love the way that they look!!!
I will be test-driving one soon...
Has anyone else used Lingenfelter parts here? I have heard nothing but good things form them...especially their Corvette mods!
Thanks again :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.