Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Chris and I am very interested in getting a GTO. My current car is a '99 Cadillac Eldorado. The car is luxurious and pretty fast (300 hp) for what it is, but I've always been a sports car kinda guy and have always wanted more power and rear drive. I've always loved the GTOs ever since they came out and I am considering a 2005 GTO 6 Speed with 7,000 miles on it for $29k. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. So I have a few questions:
1. Is 29k a good price for this GTO?
2. I really want a manual, but my parents insist on a auto for me. How bad is performance affected with the automatic?
3. Any problems or issues with these cars I should be aware of?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
chris203 said:
Hey, I'm Chris and I am very interested in getting a GTO. My current car is a '99 Cadillac Eldorado. The car is luxurious and pretty fast (300 hp) for what it is, but I've always been a sports car kinda guy and have always wanted more power and rear drive. I've always loved the GTOs ever since they came out and I am considering a 2005 GTO 6 Speed with 7,000 miles on it for $29k. I test drove the car and fell in love with it. So I have a few questions:
1. Is 29k a good price for this GTO?
2. I really want a manual, but my parents insist on a auto for me. How bad is performance affected with the automatic?
3. Any problems or issues with these cars I should be aware of?
Thanks,
Chris
My opinion is they are about $4-5K too high. (I'm a cheap old fart, tho):rofl:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
chris203 said:
I talked with the dealer today and he gave me some numbers. 26,000 for the car, 28,531.71 after taxes and all, and 8,000 for my trade. So I'm looking at $20,531.71 out the door
Go on Edmunds.com and check out the trade in value for your car. That will tell you what you're actually paying for the GTO.

When you trade in a car, it adds a huge variable to the "game". I like to negotatiate the price for the car without trade, and then if I did want to trade, throw that in after the fact.

Try telling the guy you decided not to trade, and see if you can buy the car straight out for $26K. $2500 for taxes/title sounds outrageous too. What rate are cars taxed at in Calif? It's 3% in VA and maybe another hundred or so for title fees- - -also watch out for their "processing fees". Just another profit opportunity for the dealer. My guess is in that $2500 there's a hefty one of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.