Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about having a pin stripe painted on the Beast, so I bought some striping tape and experimented. I'd like to know what people think of these... (Please ignore the wavy lines... this was just a temporary experiment)

Thanks,
Bear

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
X650000 on the single red stripe. I also like the idea of the Bobcat emblem, I've seen them on the sail panel on 69's and on the front fenders.

A little color goes a long way.

The single white isn't too bad either.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Ditto ditto ditto on the single thin red stripe. Man you did an excellent job on the body and paint on that car---it looks stunning.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
IF you are gonna do a stripe....go with red (IMHO)...personally, I think the car is too sweet to stripe..I'd leave it plain:cheers Eric

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Question though, are you going to have it professionally painted on or stay with the adhesive backed striping?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Bear, on the other forum, there is a thread about striping....on the '66-'67 forum. Old Goat 67 (Charles) has a lot of info here. What I'm getting at, is there is a company that sells a striping kit: comes with any single/double stripe you want, the paint, and the brush. You put the template on like tape, paint the middle sections, pull off the template, and whammo, you have a hand painted pinstripe that looks great. The kit is cheap, under $50 if I recall. Much better than striping tape, and better than those stripe roller thingeys. Also, looking at the pictures again, I can't decide. The small white stripe gives the car a total "factory" look....very understated and classy. With whitewall tires, it would look like a mint condition "survivor" until you fired it up, anyways.... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question though, are you going to have it professionally painted on or stay with the adhesive backed striping?
My inclination would be to have someone experienced do it. The tape was just so I could try to visualize what it would look like.

Bear

·
Registered
19 Posts
How about this?

Do a silver stripe that tapers to a point at the front and rear, with a red border top & bottom. Then put a red pinstripe on the outer edge of the wheels.

Of the ones shown, I like the single white best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts