Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering switching out my 64 GTO 4brl for a tripower and had a few questions on the vacuum lines. I can see that most of the vacuum lines are fairly straight forward - power brakes, advance etc. But, I'm a little confused with the the vacuum pipe to the automatic transmission on of the 4brl. It's a steel pipe and it looks like I'd have to cut it and reconnect it. Any advice? Any advice on all the vacuum lines and conversion to the tripower? Does anyone out there know of any diagrams available that might help?

Thanks!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I agree. Or, remove the line and use a vacuum hose and a couple of brass fittings. Then, if you go back to original, you'll have the "correct" vacuum line. Nothing much simpler than the vacuum schematic for a '64 GTO.....take a photo of all the hoses (all 2 or 3 of them) and hook them up in a similar matter on the 3x2 set-up. You will be amazed at the power gain you're going to get with the tripower! Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Unless you are going for a concourse restoration why not switch the linkage over to the 65 mechanical linkage? Thats what a lot of people did back in the 60's. I understand this was a better set up than the vacum operatated linkage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts