Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had trouble convincing the wife on buying a Goat?
She thinks the styling is too bland for a sports car. I guess I did at first but after a while it grew on me and now I'm set on getting an '05 but one 5 ft. problem stands in my way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Meh, she'll get wrinkly and smelly as she gets older. The GTO just needs an occaisional waxing. Just go witht he Goat. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,146 Posts
When my wife test drove the 04 quicksilver 6 speed, her only comments were, "wow, this is fast and when will a red one come in?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
we ended up with a barbados m6, and i convinced my wife to trade HER car in on it. Get this, she can't even drive a stick shift.......I think i can convince a blind man he can see
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Her only complaint is the appearance? Go with the "its a real sleeper" approach. Something along the lines of drawing less attention means less attention from the cops, less attention from every John Force wanna-be drag racer in town, more mature non-boy-racer appearance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Neo-GTO said:
Her only complaint is the appearance? Go with the "its a real sleeper" approach. Something along the lines of drawing less attention means less attention from the cops, less attention from every John Force wanna-be drag racer in town, more mature non-boy-racer appearance.
Damn, where do you live, i wanna move there. Everybody and their freakin' brother has tried to race me, including an old GTA trans am, to a fairly new grand am v6 se. people are just plain stupid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
madx2 said:
Anybody else had trouble convincing the wife on buying a Goat?
She thinks the styling is too bland for a sports car. I guess I did at first but after a while it grew on me and now I'm set on getting an '05 but one 5 ft. problem stands in my way.
I mean no disrepect here but let her drive it. Option 1 As she drives it the orgasm will come no pun intended and then she will want it. Option 2 women are always looking into saving money so convinve her that this the best time to buy a GOAT. Try that angle if that doesnt work try Option 3 A dozen red roses sent to her job, and expensive romatic dinner followed by a nite filled w passion. If that doesnt work hope that Option 1 works!
:party
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
I guess I'm lucky...my wife convinced me to work through my well-won domestic car phobias and test drive a GM product.

I said "The only GM cars I like are the Corvette I can't have (kids), the Caddy CTS-V I can't afford, and....this." I pointed to the picture in the newspaper car ad section, having read up on the GTO in all the car mags. I was up to this point fairly set on a VW R32 or possibly a CPOed 330ci, but was wary of the VW dealerships I had visited and wanted a new car.


Well, I test drove it, loved it, she liked it, I bought it.

She's kind of a car nut. I'm lucky I guess. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Does anyone have a GTO and have a newborn baby? My wife doesn;t want to get a GTO because she wants to have a baby soon and doesn't think teh newborn carrier will fit in teh back very well. She thinks it will be tough to get it into the backseat, because the front seat does not slide up far enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
iupui1299 said:
Does anyone have a GTO and have a newborn baby? My wife doesn;t want to get a GTO because she wants to have a baby soon and doesn't think teh newborn carrier will fit in teh back very well. She thinks it will be tough to get it into the backseat, because the front seat does not slide up far enough.
Sorry, dude...I'd have to agree with her. Schlepping a carseat past the seat each time would be a Class Alpha drag.

One way around it? Buy two car seats. That way you can strap it in the back and forget it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Ditto!

It would be a royal pain in the butt to take a car seat in and out of the GTO.

Like Groucho suggested, the only solution would be to buy an extra car seat. Heck with the money you are saving on a car, go ahead and splurge and buy another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Initially my wife did not understand why I liked the Goat. She had a hard time with how difficult it was to get into the back seat and the size of the trunk.

We have a Boxster which she really likes. One of the reasons she likes it is that it fits her better and is more female friendly in terms of driver effort.

However, she has been driving the GTO the past few days and remarked today that she must be getting used to it and really likes how it shifts and loves the power.

So, get her to spend some quality time in the car and you will probably convince her that it is a great car.

The baby issue will be more difficult to overcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I dont mind keeping a car seat in the car. The problem is that a newborn car seat works as a carrier/carseat....so you have part of it always in the car and the carrier part snaps out. I think she may be right as well. It probbaly would be a pain taking that thing in and out. We do have another car with 4 doors (SRT-4), but this would be her car....I was just trying to influence her decision....I will miss the thought of having a SRT-4 and a GTO in the driveway.

By the way, we don't have a newborn yet....but she does want one in the near future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
:D LOL...I AM the wife, and I bought the goat, by myself, with NO support from hubby. Shoot...he was at work when I bought it. He beeped me on the nextel when I was on the way home in the car and asked me what I was up to. Told him I had just left the dealership with my new baby. He has NO interest in the car and has only driven it twice in the 6 months I've had it. This is MY toy. And I'm lovin' it. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
I mean no disrepect here but let her drive it. Option 1 As she drives it the orgasm will come no pun intended and then she will want it. Option 2 women are always looking into saving money so convinve her that this the best time to buy a GOAT. Try that angle if that doesnt work try Option 3 A dozen red roses sent to her job, and expensive romatic dinner followed by a nite filled w passion. If that doesnt work hope that Option 1 works!
:party
If Option 1 works I'll never get to drive the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
lambertgoat said:
Damn, where do you live, i wanna move there. Everybody and their freakin' brother has tried to race me, including an old GTA trans am, to a fairly new grand am v6 se. people are just plain stupid
I live in Buffalo NY. :) This is a town of drag racer wannabes, but they only try to pick on cars they are absolutely certain they will beat by multiple lengths. Most of them are driving your typical winged and decaled import with few to no engine modifications to make them any faster than stock. They know what they have, and they know cars such as GTO's will be out of their league. However, I suspect as new Mustang GT's hit the streets, challenges will be on the rise.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top