Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of y'all may hate this, some will love it. I'm in the latter camp. This is an all-wheel drive 5-door version of the GTO essentially. I am fairly sure that this won't make it to the USA, but I'd sure want one if they did. An all-wheel-drive, 400 horsepower GTO would kick MAJOR butt. Imagine the 60-foot times we could get with THAT!
I also like the color. hehe
:cool

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/conceptcar?modelid=20005

What do you think? (there are more pictures there if you look for them so you can a pretty good idea of what it looks like).

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's like all the great things about our cars, plus a couple other neat things, more comfortable for 4, and the styling isn't sedan-ish...it's still sporty. That would be even more of a sleeper than our GTOs.
If you noticed, they also put a computer-like panel above the air vents instead of on each side of the speedometer. Hopefully it'll have more functions too.
They also managed to make the console area look even COOLER and more refined, which I wasn't sure was possible since they did a great job on our cars. Holden really is a great company with some clever designers/engineers.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not only a clock, but also a thermometer...which is something that I REALLY miss in the GTO. I live in Missouri, where the weather can go below freezing at almost anytime, so it's nice to know when there's a potential for ice. This is the first vehicle I've had in a LOOOOONG time that hasn't had a thermometer. I had to go out and buy an auto-dimming rearview mirror with a temperature sensor in it.
It's nice that Holden thinks about small things like that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, I had a GTP before this car, it was loaded up. I'm just a little farther north than you.
My husband and I got caught a few weeks ago in a 2" snow dump. Pulled up to a red light on a hill!!!! Oh what fun RWD is, haven't done that in at least 20 years. When we left home it was sunny.

But anyway back to the other car. I really like the concept of it, so much like the GTO and it has a trunk.

Monica

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Efijy also has a supercharged 6.0L engine. I think 485 kw is about 640 horsepower. It's a shame they didn't stuff those into the GTO! :)
I'd really like one of those SSX cars though. A 4-door GTO would really appeal to me since I frequently take more than one person with me when I go somewhere. My trip to vegas in January was ok, but it was a bit of a pain for my little brother to get in the back, he's still 6 feet tall. However, he said he had a fair amount of room for his legs. A 4-door would have been much better.
They also have a concept monaro with the 7.0L (427ci) in it. I bet the GTO with the LS7 would kick some major butt. Hopefully I never blow the LS2, but if I do, I'd love to put an LS7 in there. That would be the "ultimate" GTO in my opinion, or at least an ultimate factory-engine powered car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
:agree
NICE!!!
My causin is in the Airforce stationed in Japan
he found a Coupe 4 for sale and is thinking about buying it and Importing it
since he's out of the USAF in July or Aug

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bet the import restrictions would be a real pain in the arse for the coupe 4. Probably wouldn't be street-legal. :(

·
Registered
584 Posts
baron_iv said:
I bet the import restrictions would be a real pain in the arse for the coupe 4. Probably wouldn't be street-legal. :(
:agree
But he's gunna be a CHP Officer so I gess He could pull some strings,
If he gets it We're thinking of doing some swaping of body parts if they fit.
Thats the only reason I'm happy he's gunna be a CHP officer, he can sign off my tickets:cool

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow! that SSX is sweet @ss. It would be super practical and fun to drive too. That would really be a hard combo to beat. Too bad they would NEVER bring something cool like that to the States. If they end up making that thing I'm movin.:cool

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah, I was a police officer, it's amazing what you can get done whenever you have a badge. ;)
If you buy it, please post pics here, I'd like to see it. Video would be cool too.

It's a shame that we can't get some of the holden cars here, they even have a truck-like version of the GTO. That would be mighty handy for carrying my puppy around. All the power of a GTO with a truck bed...sounds like a winner to me!
Check this out...
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/conceptcar?modelid=20007

1 - 20 of 23 Posts