Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im new to the GTO world. My fiancée was given a 1969 GTO from her father who asked we restore it back to glory. The car has definitely seen better days. Looking through the documents I noticed the car was factory Cameo White with a Dark Blue Cordova vinyl top. The car no longer has this top and i cannot find it anywhere online. I know everyone says stay away from them but for this case id love to get it back for the simple fact i have NEVER seen pictures or heard of a combination like that. Id love if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where i could find it. Many thanks!!

·
Premium Member
Cameo Ivory 1967
4,681 Posts
I don't care for "worrying about" cordova tops, but they look awesome and I would replace mine if I lost it. A place that does auto upholstery will order and apply whatever color that you want, and if you can't find any shops which are motivated enough, you can easily paint the vinyl whatever color that you like. Blue was a common cordova color for GTO's, so don't give up.

·
Registered
347 Posts

I guess this is what the Green top looked like Ii do not know for certain but the 1970 Chevy MC vinyl top may work
I have a decision to make on my project also vinyl top? I am considering doing a wrap on the top

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice color combination. Is the interior blue as well? Growing up in Valparaiso, IN a good friend had the same color combination 69.

Irregardless of the traditional moisture issues with vinyl tops your car color combination is unique and attractive, not to mention original - I would put it back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.