Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front fender antenna on my 65 gto rises at an angle. It cannot be made to be verticle. It is either angled toward driver side or slanted back. Ive adjusted it somewhere in between. It does not look right to me. Seems to be too much bevel on the mount. It does have the oval mast when looking at a cross section. Ive seen some of these in pictures. Most are straight up. Whats the deal here. Is the slant correct for a 65 or do i have the wrong mounting stud with too much angle on it. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine does angle a bit and does have an oval mast, I think that yours is correct. Wish that I did have a trunk mounted one though, they look much better and they were motorized.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does that mean the straight up ones are likely replacements? I dont recall seeing any angled ones on 66, 67s. Is 65s the only oval shape?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you want you can put a non power antenna on the back. When I purchase my first 65 GTO in 1966 it had a non power antenna in the back. The person who purchased the car wanted a back antenna but the car came with a front antenna. So the dealer put a rubber plug in the place where the front antenna went and then put a rear antenna in and I think the antenna was from a chev.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts