Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current one does not cover 1/2 the fan on top. could it be I need this one with the larger angle on top? Current shroud depth is 3" on top.
20200512_213113.jpg
20200512_213406.jpg
Screenshot_20200512-221217_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody with a 67 that can chime in with the depth of their shroud on top or a
side Pic?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a 66, but it looks like the second one....should be the same...but if everything original it will fit the fan correct, but if any mods to water pump, fan clutch, etc may be a little different. You can shave of some of the shroud with a cutting wheel to make it right

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually had to ad some angle to the current one to match the angle looking thing on the second one, because it wasn't far enough over the fan (first pic) Does your have that angle on it. What is the depth on yours on the top? Opgi was the only one I found that had the second one with the angle. But it was out of stock tho.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I got mine from Ames....it is 2 1/2 from the deep side to top front and 2 3/8 +7/8 more ....

I cut off 7/8 because I put on an 11 bolt water pimp....which stuck it in deeper....

or I could have changed the fan clutch.....does Ames not have the shrouds?

·
Registered
6 Posts
joining late on the conversation , did you try and put a spacer between the
fan and water pump? that may save you $ and time

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem was that the fan was about right on the bottom...but not far enough in on the top. If you look a t my shroud it does not seem to have the angle that the opgi one does. they are still on backorder so I got a 2x2 block temporarily and cut it at a angle and the fan sits 1/2 in and out of the shroud top and bottom. I am gonna check at npd see if they have it. Guess china's on lock down lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts