Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me with some pics of a 69 palladium silver gto. I can find lots of pics of silver gtos but I don't know if they are the correct silver. I cant make up my mind the original palladium silver or go with the colour I always wanted witch is white. Any input on this would be great.:confused

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
69 GTO's look killer in Paladium Silver. Especially with the black vinyl top. Look here for some pics - UltimateGTO.com Dream Car

And if the stock color bores you consider "updating" it with a late model color that is similar and has more metallic or pearl in it. :cool

Ultimately, and I've said it many times, it is your car and do what you want. It is a 69 GTO after all so in either color it will look Awsome! :D

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
:agree the judges look especially nice in it with the rainbow stripes. I did like Alky said and found a near perfect color match to the original barrier blue in a 90's GM color that has a very fine flake in it for a little POP...called Bahama Blue Metallic. Funny i was hell bent on red or burgundy when i started the project, never been a blue car guy. Every time i saw the pristine original paint on the inside deck lid i leaned a little more toward the original color felt like the car picked the color more than i did. Silver and white have always been two of the most popular colors on cars in general but there are still 100's of variants of each

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alky there is some beautiful cars on there but I would like to know if they are the correct colour or they did just what you suggested and changed it a bit. My car came with a black vinyl roof but I am not butting it back on.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Thanks alky there is some beautiful cars on there but I would like to know if they are the correct colour or they did just what you suggested and changed it a bit. My car came with a black vinyl roof but I am not butting it back on.
Why not?? IMO a silver car looks absolutely killer with the black vinyl top. Just sayin.......;)

Look at this car, owned by member Jtwoods4, it is one of my favorite 69's on this forum.

http://www.gtoforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/19870

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a sharp car I like the stance on it to. I just cant afford the roof right now. maybe down the road I will but one on. Do you know if that is the correct colour ? If it is that's what I will go with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts