Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
We have the 2009 ZR1 Vette and let me tell you, that thing is absolutely amazing. The way its built is awesome, but the way it drives is out of this world. Awesome car!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
We have the 2009 ZR1 Vette and let me tell you, that thing is absolutely amazing. The way its built is awesome, but the way it drives is out of this world. Awesome car!
You have a ZR1?? What is the GTO, the dingy?

I went to the Corvette factory and saw the ZR-1s on the assembly line. Then, to have a Museum delivery, that would be incredible, but I'm poor so I'll stick with my 99 for now. They also give you a driving experience and track training when you buy a ZR-1.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yea that would be awesome. The ZR1 I cant stress enough how amazing that car is. Just the way its built is incredible. And he lets me drive it once in a while, and boy does it make my car look slower than slow lmao

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
To tell you the honest truth, my dad has not even considered looking for mods. He's the type of guy that likes to keep it the way it is. Now, a car like mine is different, but a ZR1 he's definitely not gonna touch. Its fast enough for him and looks perfect. The only thing he did was tint the windows and he had the tails blacked out. He's thinking about putting rims on it, but not anytime soon.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
That is a great commercial. OMG, it's not politically correct! Shows American superiority and tire smoke :rofl:. I'm afraid these are the good old days.

Tell your dad there is a guy on the GTO forum that will race him for pinks, quarter mile only though.... :lol:.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
O there are many cars out there that will smoke him. My friend has a Honda Civic that will take my dads car. But the beauty of it is he's riding around in a ZR1 at the end of the day. He doesnt race on the streets, he bought it for quality and looks. And to take it to the track once in a while. But trust me I know there are much faster cars out there.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
The cool thing about the ZR1 is that it does everything well. They are incredible cars and I was just bustin your chops...:cheers

What color does he have? I love 'em in black or blue.

Does your dad need a testicle? I could possibly offer one in trade. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have a ZR1?? What is the GTO, the dingy?
:lol:
I went to the Corvette factory and saw the ZR-1s on the assembly line. Then, to have a Museum delivery, that would be incredible, but I'm poor so I'll stick with my 99 for now. They also give you a driving experience and track training when you buy a ZR-1.
I would love to goto the Corvette Museum. I'm trying to talk the wife into a road trip to Ohio or NJ, I may have to make that a detour.
Its my dads ZR1 lol The GTO is my car =)
Must be nice to own a ZR1, I drool over one everytime I see one.
Yea that would be awesome. The ZR1 I cant stress enough how amazing that car is. Just the way its built is incredible. And he lets me drive it once in a while, and boy does it make my car look slower than slow lmao
Nice. Friend of 6QTS11OZ and I works for Magnaflow, he driven one and he said you can spin the tires on the highway. Sick.
That is a great commercial. OMG, it's not politically correct! Shows American superiority and tire smoke:rofl:. I'm afraid these are the good old days.
:agree

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
His is called Jetstream Blue Metallic. THe car is unreal it really is. When your on the highway cruising at say 100, it feels like your doing 40. And the coolest thing is the window in the hood where you can see the engine =)

Im trying to get him to pass it down. Hahahaha But that isnt working very well. It only has about 2400 miles on it maybe a little more and its a garage queen. He RARELY takes it out.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
O there are many cars out there that will smoke him. My friend has a Honda Civic that will take my dads car. But the beauty of it is he's riding around in a ZR1 at the end of the day. He doesnt race on the streets, he bought it for quality and looks. And to take it to the track once in a while. But trust me I know there are much faster cars out there.
The who's the fastest thing goes out the window once you go to the drag strip, most drag cars are way faster. I got beat in my Vette by a few Turbod Civics, and I said the same thing, at the end of the day your in a primered civic and I'm in a Vette.. Theres a few civics, SRT-4s, WRX's and Evos running mid to high 7's in the 1/8th here and they're all street cars. While a modded Viper was trying to break into the 7's.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The ZR1 is the jack of all trades. Yeah someone can build a car that can beat it in the 1320, but lets see it corner, go cross country and be a DD all in the same platform.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
To tell you the honest truth, my dad has not even considered looking for mods. He's the type of guy that likes to keep it the way it is. Now, a car like mine is different, but a ZR1 he's definitely not gonna touch. Its fast enough for him and looks perfect. The only thing he did was tint the windows and he had the tails blacked out. He's thinking about putting rims on it, but not anytime soon.
If you're going to get HP Tuners, there's a mod for him right there. I believe there is also a pulley kit out for it, I don't know about much else. Headers maybe?

The ZR1 is the jack of all trades. Yeah someone can build a car that can beat it in the 1320, but lets see it corner, go cross country and be a DD all in the same platform.

Edit: I would rock a ZR1 like a tattoo on my face. As much as I love Pontiacs, the performance/$ you get with the ZR1 is epic compared to the exotic stuff available for 10X the price, not to mention craps all over the Ford GT, which is not without it's merits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts