Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Number 1 thing to look at, how solid are the trunk drops & outer wheel houses? If either have to be replaced that is more time & money.

Another consideration, what year are you working on? several year versions of the hip quarters do not fit that well & were a last choice option.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Number 1 thing to look at, how solid are the trunk drops & outer wheel houses? If either have to be replaced that is more time & money.

Another consideration, what year are you working on? several year versions of the hip quarters do not fit that well & were a last choice option.

X2 - need a lot more info and pictures would help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, yes just getting into identifying all areas /extent. Will post pictures as project progresses.
Trunk drop are most likely in need of replacement I was quoted both sides skins, trunk drops, inner replacement and primed ready for paint 3500 dollars from s very good.body man who works out of his home. Have seen ton of his work?I think this is fair . That's labor only all parts on me. Doug

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi, yes just getting into identifying all areas /extent. Will post pictures as project progresses.
Trunk drop are most likely in need of replacement I was quoted both sides skins, trunk drops, inner replacement and primed ready for paint 3500 dollars from s very good.body man who works out of his home. Have seen ton of his work?I think this is fair . That's labor only all parts on me. Doug
My guy who is very good will do labor only 3500. It fair, you supply quarter , drops and inner. He fits and prime coats .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts