Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you ever notice in the Seinfeld episode where George tells jerry hes "gonna take out my father's '68 gto " to impress a woman? in the scene it looks like a blue '67 hardtop to me. wonder how they botched that. I thought jerry is a car guy in real life. :lol:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Yep. Happens all the time. Television and movie guys aren't true 'car guys'. I was watching a movie set in 1957 last week about a bank robbery with Mickey Rourke, and a stolen Cadillac was described as a 1955 (it was a 1953) and a Chevy was listed by the police as a 1953 and it was a 1954. No worse than all the 1892 Winchester lever guns used in the millions of western movies set in the 1860's and '70s.....nobody in the industry cares that much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the Two Lane Blacktop error was likely done to further show how full of BS he is; everything he says are lies. I believe the plot line has him running away from a divorce or something similar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
"Goin' to the Graveyard......goin' to the graveyard......her folks is buried there....CITY CAR kilt 'em.....City car......"

Great flick, guys! Nothing like pitting two musicians against a pathological liar for some cross country fun! How many times did Dennis Wilson check the valves and the jets?? I remember that era, and the vibe of the movie nails it dead on........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts