Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of times i have questions or concerns about the goat, so i come on here, which is a great forum, and I search or post about my concerns. But there are many times when I go on to the other GTO forum, name preferably not mentioned, and i search there for an answer if i need it in a hurry. As I look through that forum i CAN NOT believe how rude people can be about each others cars. Throughout the entire forum there is arguing and name calling and stuff you wouldn't even imagine coming from people. I understand people have their own opinions and likes and dislikes, but come on. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and being absolutely rude.

By seeing all this, I have really come to see that THIS forum is a great one. I mean, at times there are rude comments and arguing and fighting, but in general, this forum has to be one of the best ones I have seen. The answers are truthful and very helpful, and everyone is willing to help each other out, considering we are all part of the same GTO family. I just thought i would share this with fellow members, as I could not believe the stuff i was reading over there. I guess you could say it makes you appreciate this forum a lot more than you normally do.

Thanx guys and gals for the great advice and help. :cheers

·
Registered
621 Posts
I agree. Many people use forums to vent their hostilities and because they can remain anonymous, they feel free to let it all hang out. This forum has little of that and it's why I've used it all these years. I always get the feeling the ones who really get nasty are probably wife beaters. Dog kickers at the least.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I agree it is a great place for info if I can't find it here I just start a new thred and the great people here give the answers :cheers

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
It's been almost 5 years since I traded the GTO on my C6 Vette that has been gone almost 3 years. I've just about always had LS powered cars during that time so I feel like I'm still part of the family here.

Great Moderators and a professional group of people that love cars. That's why I still spend way more time on here than the Corvette forum. I can't remeber the last time I posted there.

:cheers

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Yeah but 90% of the time when they say OMG THOSE RIMS ARE GHEY

They're right.

The one glaring advantage that site has over this one is a specific tuning section.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Thanks Guys.
There is a certain decorum on this forum that is absent on the other one. While there are some great guys on there eager to help others they are often overshadowed by many who find it necessary to be combative and instigative. That behavior is NOT tolerated here. There is a wealth of knowledge there as well as here. Less drama here.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Yeah but 90% of the time when they say OMG THOSE RIMS ARE GHEY

They're right.

The one glaring advantage that site has over this one is a specific tuning section.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, they can keep all that negative stuff over there or on Facebook. You can disagree without being insulting and a lot of things like rims and tires are very objective; not everybody is gonna like the same thing and why should they? Who would like to go to a car show with all the cars wearing the same wheels?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not a big poster anywhere, but i think what you observe is the difference between a "Forum" and a "Community". Forum is great for information, but technical conversations turn into a big pissing match / e-**** contest. There is a lot more restraint here...

EDIT:
we even censor here :-/. Fill in your own ****, i guess.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
If you think the other board is bad, you should see Brew City Muscle. Lots of nutswinging and tuner fellating in there, but not many facts. Bunch of rice boys with Mustangs and Camaros.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you think the other board is bad, you should see Brew City Muscle. Lots of nutswinging and tuner fellating in there, but not many facts. Bunch of rice boys with Mustangs and Camaros.
Exactly! Thats one thing I love about this forum. You can ask questions and ask for opinions and people say what they feel, but in a respectable way and without criticizing you. On the other forums its like everyone is out to get everyone. Its true though, such things as rims and exterior mods can be very objective and more of a personal preference, but still I have seen very few people, if any on here, bashing people, just for what they like :cheers

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Exactly! Thats one thing I love about this forum. You can ask questions and ask for opinions and people say what they feel, but in a respectable way and without criticizing you. On the other forums its like everyone is out to get everyone. Its true though, such things as rims and exterior mods can be very objective and more of a personal preference, but still I have seen very few people, if any on here, bashing people, just for what they like :cheers
Lulz, you should have seen some of the death metal boards I was on back in the day... those were filled with "OMG U LIEK XYZ BAND? YOU FAG"

Though it became so played out it turned into a running inside joke. It gave me a tougher skin, and it's kinda fun to be a troll when people are being dbags for the sake of being dbags.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts