Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The black one was an 04 manual, the silver one was an 05 automatic. The silver one was running 13.5's the black one was having some traction issues.

Guys are from here in Jax, hopefully they will become members on the site.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/joecooool//GTODrag.wmv

:seeya:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm the 2004 Black/Red M6 owner. Traction problems are almost entirely driver problems. My first manual. I need a lonely stretch of road, my Gtech Pro and some time to practice launching and shifting for maximum traction. I need to re-train some bad habits, namely dumping the clutch.

In other news, Kruul and I are fairly active on LS1GTO.com. We had a Goatogether at Valdosta about 2 months ago billed as "Florida vs Georgia." We had a good turnout, the track was decent, the Hooters was close by . . . We plan on renting the track sometime around September. Also, Jacksonville area GTO's, we've gotten together for beer and benchracing, will probably do that again soon, as well as nights at Gainesville Raceway. Keep an eye on the LS1GTO.com South East forum.

Finally, (was it Todd? I'm terrible with names), it was good meeting you. Enjoyed the chance to check out the Elise. That car is sexy as hell. Too bad it would fit me about as well as a tutu. Half of what attracted us to your car was the crowd of women hanging out by it (just kidding). That car is a chick magnet, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FraggerCrue said:
I'm the 2004 Black/Red M6 owner. Traction problems are almost entirely driver problems. My first manual. I need a lonely stretch of road, my Gtech Pro and some time to practice launching and shifting for maximum traction. I need to re-train some bad habits, namely dumping the clutch.

In other news, Kruul and I are fairly active on LS1GTO.com. We had a Goatogether at Valdosta about 2 months ago billed as "Florida vs Georgia." We had a good turnout, the track was decent, the Hooters was close by . . . We plan on renting the track sometime around September. Also, Jacksonville area GTO's, we've gotten together for beer and benchracing, will probably do that again soon, as well as nights at Gainesville Raceway. Keep an eye on the LS1GTO.com South East forum.

Finally, (was it Todd? I'm terrible with names), it was good meeting you. Enjoyed the chance to check out the Elise. That car is sexy as hell. Too bad it would fit me about as well as a tutu. Half of what attracted us to your car was the crowd of women hanging out by it (just kidding). That car is a chick magnet, though.
Cool! I'd love to race up with you guys in Sept. Next time you have a get together, let me know. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.