Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The courtesy light on the driver's side door panel flew off when I closed my door this morning. From what I can tell it looks like it's just glued on? I don't know. Of the three I test drove before I bought mine, one was missing one of the covers. Anyway, is it supposed to be just glued on? Because if it is I'll whip out the crazy glue when I get home today.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
If it isn't screwed on it's probably snapped on. Maybe one of the male ends broke? I wouldn't glue it on, you'll have a problem getting the cover off if ever you need to replace the bulb in the future. It's a warranted part, why not have the dealer make it right?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
If they are glued on, how do you remove the cover to replace a bulb without damaging the lens cover?

If you want to glue it on, I would suggest using clear silicon caulk like what is used to adhere counter tops. It won't be permanent like glue will be so if you have to remove it in the future you can break the bead.

Maybe that is what is used to "glue" the lens on?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know, it looked like glue when i inspected it, just looked like superglue. unless the last owner fudged it up for me, then thats how it came from the factory.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its glued. To replace the bulb, you use two flathead screwdrivers to push in on the tabs on either side of the light and the little metal assembly on the light housing pops out of the back of the light to replace the bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts