Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with Speaker Grills cracking? I searched the forums and found only two other entries, so it doesn't seem to be a universal problem. Unfortunately I managed to crack my Driver side grill and I have to say I am disappointed at the prospect of paying to buy new. I don’t even know how it got cracked, I must have hit it with my toe getting out of the car.

Has anyone here already replaced their speaker grills and know the cost and difficulty of replacing. I have seen that it is like 10 screws to get the door panel off, but I also read about clips holding the grills on..... I would hate to get into breaking clips too.

I’m hoping to learn from those who have already replaces a set of speaker grills.

Thanks,

Brooks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GTODealer,

The price is not as bad as I feared. I will check my local dealer, I doubt he will be as reasonable as you so I will probably be calling you next week.

I guess if I am going to take it all apart I should consider a speaker upgrade at the same time. Any suggestions anyone, I really don't know much about car stereo systems, frankly I find the factory system sounds fine, but if I am right there anyway..... It seems like I should make an upgrade out of all that effort… Of course I would also be doubling the effort to do both sides… perhaps I should just fix the grill and leave it…

Thanks again GTO Dealer !!

Brooks.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
skier757 said:
Thanks GTODealer,

The price is not as bad as I feared. I will check my local dealer, I doubt he will be as reasonable as you so I will probably be calling you next week.

I guess if I am going to take it all apart I should consider a speaker upgrade at the same time. Any suggestions anyone, I really don't know much about car stereo systems, frankly I find the factory system sounds fine, but if I am right there anyway..... It seems like I should make an upgrade out of all that effort… Of course I would also be doubling the effort to do both sides… perhaps I should just fix the grill and leave it…

Thanks again GTO Dealer !!

Brooks.
No problem!!!! Let me know when your ready... remember I have to order it... :cheers

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Hey GTODEALER are you still able to sell speaker grills? I need a replacement passenger side door grill, which is currently listed on eBay for $20 but it looks salvaged and I'm not confident as to its condition.

Thanks!
92094889 is the part number for the passenger door speaker girlle. Why not buy a new one then you don't have to worry about the condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.