Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the reports of the blizzard for the East coasters, again. This is just nuts this year. The southern half of the country has been pommeled by the strangest weather in decades most of it unseasonably cold. I'm not convinced of global warming anymore ....:(
I don't see any of the regulars on here today/night and hope that all are safe and warm. Many out there are without power and that just concerns me for peoples safety and ability to survive with no heat.
California may not fall in the ocean from an earthquake but it just might wash in from all the rain. I've said for years I'd like to get out of the snowbelt but seeing the weather lately, I'm in the best spot of the country right now.
Ya'll take care out there and be safe.......:seeya:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't know how to say this...... but thank you crazy weather!!!!!!!!!

Flights got canceled, and got ""STUCK"" in Aruba for another 3 days! :D

Miss, please bring a couple more beers over here. Make sure they are cold!:cheers

Hope my goat is warm!

Home on Tuesday night now. Anymore storms heading east, by any chance?

Later guys!

rich

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My brother just east of Pittsburgh has 30 inches of snow. He's got his driveway shoveled off, but can't go anywhere. The roads are all closed. Fortunately he has heat.

My 87 YO Grandfather in Johnstown Pa. has heat but is stuck in the house till someone can get to him to shovel him out. They got 4 feet of snow. He has plenty of food and such so he's ok till.

I guess I'm not going to complain about temps in the 40's.

Weird winter for sure. Kind of reminds you of the winter of 1976 when we were in a global cooling spell and they were talking about the coming ice age and how it would kill man. That was man made too. Because of polution too. Let the wackos be wackos and just ignore them.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Weird winter for sure. Kind of reminds you of the winter of 1976 when we were in a global cooling spell and they were talking about the coming ice age and how it would kill man. That was man made too. Because of polution too. Let the wackos be wackos and just ignore them.
Well said....... The weather is what it is, and "no", we can't change it......

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Hahaha, global warming. The planet we live on has cycles or periods like a woman. She has warm and cold periods because of a change in orbits, scientist has proven that the sea levels used to be higher than what they are now. Someone told me that they heard something on TV that we are no longer in a "Global Warming" state. Who knows, its nothing we can do about it.:confused

Ohh yeah the weather is something this is the wetest winter we had since 05. We didn't get snow yet like last year.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know how to say this...... but thank you crazy weather!!!!!!!!!

Flights got canceled, and got ""STUCK"" in Aruba for another 3 days! :D

Miss, please bring a couple more beers over here. Make sure they are cold!:cheers

Hope my goat is warm!

Home on Tuesday night now. Anymore storms heading east, by any chance?

Later guys!

rich
I was thinking of you, Rich. I figured you would be stuck in Atlanta or somewhere along the way. Stuck in Aruba isn't so bad....:party:

Yes, there is another storm supposed to go thru here today and tomorrow. It doesn't appear to be a threat to you getting your butt back to the frozen north and work again thou....:rofl:

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
It still gets plenty cold here as usual, but unlike the past two winters where we've had record snowfall, we've had very little here all season. Big snowstorm in mid December, not much snow after that, then the January thaw where most of the snow melted, and it has yet to really be replaced. There's maybe 2" of snow in my yard as of today. We've gotten maybe 30" all season, maybe.

Though, the past two winters were very unusual with the high snow amounts, as this winter is more typical with just really cold temperatures and not much snow.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ohio hasnt been bad. We didnt get our first accumulation till after Christmas! We had one horrible storm but even the temp has been warm for us. At least its already Feb.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
We got 19" of snow and are expecting 6-12" more in the next few days. I drove the GTO arround and had a blast. I"ll post pics when I get home.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got 19" of snow and are expecting 6-12" more in the next few days. I drove the GTO arround and had a blast. I"ll post pics when I get home.
The joy of rear wheel drive....:lol:
That next system is passing thru here now. It has been snowing lightly for the last 12 hours and only accumulated 1 1/2 inch. It is expected to snow all day and possibly add 4-8" more. With my hand all stitched up, I had the wife assist me in getting the plow on the pick up yesterday and parked it in the shop. We be ready....:willy:

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
I use a 4-wheeler with a 5' plow, works freakin awesome!! Way better then the john deere with the blower. It use to take me 45-55 minutes to clear all the snow, now I get it done in like 15 minutes and have fun doing it too. :cheers

Nothing pisses the people in the neighborhood off more then flying down the sidewalk in 3rd with snow flying as they shovel their walks. :D

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
It still gets plenty cold here as usual, but unlike the past two winters where we've had record snowfall, we've had very little here all season. Big snowstorm in mid December, not much snow after that, then the January thaw where most of the snow melted, and it has yet to really be replaced. There's maybe 2" of snow in my yard as of today. We've gotten maybe 30" all season, maybe.

Though, the past two winters were very unusual with the high snow amounts, as this winter is more typical with just really cold temperatures and not much snow.
Well, I guess I can put my foot in my mouth now, I just checked the forecast this morning and we're supposed to have 11-14 inches here by tomorrow night. :rofl:

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The joy of rear wheel drive....:lol:
In the wifes Charger, we have to turn off the traction control, otherwise, it wont let me power slide around the corners(the wife hates it when I do that. Kid thinks it's great!) Mitch, I think your supposed to get the brunt of the snow. They're only talking 1 -3 around here. The north and south shores of Superior are supposed to get hammered.....

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I thought this was humorous......

Myrtle Beach area under winter storm warning through Saturday
Tonya Root - [email protected]

A winter storm warning is in effect for the coastal Carolinas from 4 p.m. today until 8 a.m. Saturday, according to the National Weather Service in Wilmington, N.C.

The warning means winter conditions are expected as a storm systems moves into the area likely bringing with it snow overnight. Between 1 to 3 inches of accumulation is expected in Horry, Georgetown and Brunswick, N.C. counties and some areas could see as much as 4 inches by early Saturday morning, forecasters said.

Because of hazardous conditions, Georgetown officials are asking motorists to avoid driving late Friday and early Saturday, if possible, according to a news release issued Friday morning.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's just NUTS. Our local weather forecaster said that by tomorrow morning for the first time, maybe EVER, all 48 contiguous states could have snow cover on the ground....:eek:
Are you prepared for Ice Age 4......:rofl:
We finally decided to go to Pensacola in March instead of TX.
Looks like we should've booked Panama....:(

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Pensacola should see ground cover snow tonight.

Guess Obama has that pesky problem of global warming fixed. Now he needs to move onto job growth, economic growth, lower taxes for businesses so we can compete and getting rid of the deficit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts