Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that in 68 the first month or so the crome bumper was put on gto's because GM was haveing issues with the flex agent and gto's came with the crome bumpers, or it was a delete option. My question is when I picked my gto up out of the boneyard it had the crome bumper and no badges. The hood was gone and there was 2 inches of dust covering the dash vin. Not knowing at the time what to look for (42 in the vin) I picked up the car thnking it was a lamans, I'm gessing that's what the yard thought too because I got the car for $600.00. I tryed to decoad my vin as best as I could and it was made in feb. so I was wondering if the car came with crome bumber or not. And is the only way that I'm going to figure it out is spend the cash for PHS report.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wouldn't it be listed on the build sheet? Might be worth looking for it. I have seen one '68 GTO with the chrome front, I remember the owner stated that it was a delete option... Rare car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Being that it was an option, there would be documentation on the build sheet if it originally came with a chrome bumper. Go and get your phs docs and you should find out if it was one of the few that had the chrome bumper option. I believe there were only about 2k from that year that received the chrome bumper, if it is a true gto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts