Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day I told one of my female co-workers that she needed to go to the auto parts store and get a can of compressed purple air for her tires. And she asked, "Why?" I said because if you have a leak in one of your tires, you'd know because you will see the purple air coming out of the hole. Bless her little heart. She then asked me, "Where can I get a can?" :rofl: . If I wouldn't have busted up laughing in her face she probably would have went to Pep Boys and asked for some.

Another co-worker joined in and told her to change out the summer air in her tires for winter air. Even after my BS she said "For real?" And before you ask, NO she isn't blonde.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Once, when I was in high school, I girl told me her car was making a rattling noise and asked me what it could be. I told her that her muffler bearing was going out and that she should go to the dealership to get it replaced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I Work At Napa So I Have Heard Them All... If You Ever Want To Confuse A Parts Counterman, Ask Him For A New Set Of Waterknockers. Aka Windshield Wipers

·
Registered
103 Posts
For aviation people you can tell a person to take the propeller to the prop wash.
...or maybe 50 feet of flightline?

Once I had the guy behind the parts counter look for a four-foot yardstick for me. He looked for a good two minutes before he got it and dinged me on the forehead. Yeah, we knew each other.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok i operate heavy equipement and female coworker wanted to learn how to operate a track hoe show her how. when she went solo the track came off so i told her u need to put air in it to tighten up the tracks. she then asked where do u up the air in , i told her there was a valve wasunder the tracks beleive it or not she looked then asked the machanic where to find it. another coworker newbe was driving end dump had problems told him to check the thermo coupling , again rooky went looking for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Fill your tires with pure Nitrogen is pretty lame advice IMO.
So keeping the pressure inside your tires, and at a consistent pressure, is not needed. And that's why Nitrogen is the only stuff Nascar puts in their tires. Right horrible stuff.

Now charging $1 per tire of Nitrogen and saying it will keep your tires in balance better would be a good one.:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts