Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I went and bought my 06 Black / Black GTO on Saturday.

Went in yesterday to pick it up, and oops i need a CT license. I moved here 4 months back and still have my OH license.

Go to the DMV this morning and I need my birth certificate, no other form of ID can be used in place of that, not even my OH license! And my folks lost my certificate when I was 16.

Garg. Had to spend $50 to get a certified copy shipped from Virginia. and then $116 for a new license. :\

·
Registered
850 Posts
gage said:
Okay so I went and bought my 06 Black / Black GTO on Saturday.

Went in yesterday to pick it up, and oops i need a CT license. I moved here 4 months back and still have my OH license.

Go to the DMV this morning and I need my birth certificate, no other form of ID can be used in place of that, not even my OH license! And my folks lost my certificate when I was 16.

Garg. Had to spend $50 to get a certified copy shipped from Virginia. and then $116 for a new license. :\
I can not believe the crap you are going through!!!! Hang in there...there is daylight at the end of the tunnel (and it's in the form of your GTO!):D

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow

i moved here from wny and i can affirm all that you are saying. it sucks and traffic sucks, and just wait till you get stuck on the 3 major roads in the state that is as big as 1/4 of New York or ohio.

it's a joke but it's kinda fun too with ocean vermont, etc.

i paid all that for my license in ct had issues, had to get birth certificate sent from my ma's house (had just moved) wait till they figure out how to fix emissions sigh argghhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it from Town and Country Auto in Middletown.

Good guys, and I didnt get alot of BS, was able to get 1500 under invoice. Of course 'good guys' in dealership lingo is kinda uhh ehh :p

my first oil change is free, which is awesome considering i just spent all this money 'oh wow oil change for free thats a great deal' but i wont complain :)

Yea traffic sucks esp when I go to the airport to fly home on the odd occasion :( but for work I drive backroads and its not too messy as long as I avoid the major roadways.

·
Registered
40 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Ah, the country roads from Avon/Farmington out to Bradley.

Speaking of Connecticut, one thing I do not miss is getting blasted with radar so often by the State Police that your hair would fall out and gums would begin to bleed.
there aren't enought cops in this state to nail the people on 91 going 85.... i drive it twice a day and it's a joke..... literally.

I know somebody who lives on the avon farmington line.

Do you know if they do the GMS on those cars?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Used to live next door in Avon. It really isn't a bad place. Was that $116 for your tags -- or driver's license? If it was for the license, was it because you lived there for a while without getting one?
Former Glastonbury resident here. I miss civilization! CT has nothing on PA. Three trips to the DMV just to prove our identity when we moved here (wife is Sicilian, naturalized). Having a valid CT license was no help. And then, you have to get your plates from a 3rd party "Tag Service" because they have privatized vehicle registration.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea their tags in PA are screwed up. I knew a guy who had temp tags (harrisburg said they were in the mail) and ended up driving with expired tags for 3 months because they were still lagging behind on them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.