Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've really enjoyed dropping by this forum for quite some time now. Now that this GTO is out of production, I'm really cornered into thinking about buying one. I haven't contacted a dealer, but have found several black M6 vehicles in my area via the web. However, I was curious as to what the term limit is for GM's current 0% financing deal on the GTOs. I thought I'd ask here before calling a dealership in the hopes that someone might be 'in the know'. Thanks in advance!

DC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know...but at the time I was looking at the possibility of having to do some major mechanical work on my 95 C4. Thankfully, the failing water pump didn't take out the LT1's Optispark...so the crisis was averted. However, I did completely miss the 72 Hour Sale.

Oh well, another site quoted 0%/36, 2.9%/48, 3.9%/60, and 4.9%/72. Still totally bites when compared to 0%/72, but maybe by the end of August some dealers will be willing to move the leftover GTOs for less than invoice.

How did you swing GMS pricing? I've seen GMID on the GTO (~$31k), but it seems like the price could be haggled down to that amount or less.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was eligible for the GM Supplier Discount through my company...but I told the salesman that I wanted the GMS pricing, and to my surprise they accepted.

I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to qualify for the 0% more than what I was worried about what the car would cost...because without the 0% financing, I couldn't have afforded the car even at the GMS price because I was $4K upside-down on my trade-in that I had to make up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
silvergoat2k6 said:
I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to qualify for the 0% more than what I was worried about what the car would cost...because without the 0% financing, I couldn't have afforded the car even at the GMS price because I was $4K upside-down on my trade-in that I had to make up.
Yep...know what you mean.
I also got GMS price (employee family member), but had about $1500 in negative equity (don't you just love that term). Promotions like the 0/72 where EVERYBODY qualified don't come around very often. So I jumped on it. So glad I did.

·
Registered
83 Posts
These aren't the exact numbers, but here's an example to consider:

$32K @ 0% for 72 mo. = $444.44/mo.

$32K @ 7% for 72 mo. = $545.67/mo.

Difference: $101.23/mo.

Total Difference: $7288.56

Now I don't know about you...but to me $7300 is A LOT of money...and it's money that I can now put to better use than to just give to a bank/finance company.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bottom line: just like last year's "Employee Pricing for Everyone", GMAC (and eventually GM) lost A LOT of money with their "72-Hour Sale"...but I think we all know that the real purpose of that promotion was to clear out dealer stock before the '07 vehicles arrive.

·
Registered
456 Posts
silvergoat2k6 said:
These aren't the exact numbers, but here's an example to consider:

$32K @ 0% for 72 mo. = $444.44/mo.

$32K @ 7% for 72 mo. = $545.67/mo.

Difference: $101.23/mo.

Total Difference: $7288.56

Now I don't know about you...but to me $7300 is A LOT of money...and it's money that I can now put to better use than to just give to a bank/finance company.

I'm at 5.9% @ 60 months ($636/mo)

Though I am making $800 payments and I plan to have my Goat paid off in 4 years or less. (I have no other Debt :D )

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm at $488/mo with the extended warranty. I too plan on using my yearly bonuses and tax returns to hopefully have mine paid off in 3 years.

There's no way I could have swung $636/month payments...if I could have, I would be driving a STS+4 instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also benefitted from the 72 hour sale (which seemed to go on for a bit more than 72 hours). I had been in to look at a GTO in late May...was thinking a used 2005 to get into my budget. Salesman called me back and said he could do 0% for 72 months. New GTO in my driveway! :D Quicksilver/Red.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.