Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why you guys are saying the GTO is selling hot...I got a stiffy for an 05 Blue on Blue 6 speed and was worried that I wouldn't find one after reading on here that there selling "like hotcakes". Within a 100 mile radius of my zip, I've confirmed 7 Blue on Blue 6 speeds on dealer lots...not in allotments...but on the lots! 150 05 GTOS in all within 100 miles of my house and over half are 6 speeds. This has me wanting to wait till after Labor Day when incentives usually come back around. I'm hoping on a lease option like the one last year but I would also like to to own the car outright. I don't think I would get a lease anyhow due to my "still healing" credit score of 680.
I just got my first car loan in over a decade 3 months ago on an 05 Civic Si and got dicked with 17%. I had to do it to get my credit going again. I intended to trade the Civic in on an 06 GTO after a year but I don't want to wait and I just got a new job which gives me $2500.00 more a month of income.
Plus, I hate this damn Civic...It was fun for about a week then I kept getting 17 yr olds telling how "Phat" it was and wanting to show me what they've done to their 95 DX???....I just don't get the whole fast & futile thing...I had a 90 300ZX from 1996 up until a month ago and I couldn't stand driving it anymore because I would get too much annoying attention from these punks. So I sold it to one of them...now it's green and has stickers all over it???? That Z was in awesome shape too...87,000 mile 1990!!!...Kids are idiots!

Anyone heard of of any incentives on GTO's coming soon??

There has to be something...There are more GTO's on the lots here than there are Sunfires!!

My 05 GT Stang buddy says it's cuz nobody wants them!...I say good! I will like the exclusivity!! He can't drive that Stang anywhere without seeing another one every mile or so!! The things feels cheaply made as well...interior feel like a snap tite model kit!!

Be safe!!

Danny :cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
R1DannyZX said:
I'm not sure why you guys are saying the GTO is selling hot...I got a stiffy for an 05 Blue on Blue 6 speed and was worried that I wouldn't find one after reading on here that there selling "like hotcakes". Within a 100 mile radius of my zip, I've confirmed 7 Blue on Blue 6 speeds on dealer lots...not in allotments...but on the lots! 150 05 GTOS in all within 100 miles of my house and over half are 6 speeds. This has me wanting to wait till after Labor Day when incentives usually come back around. I'm hoping on a lease option like the one last year but I would also like to to own the car outright. I don't think I would get a lease anyhow due to my "still healing" credit score of 680.
I just got my first car loan in over a decade 3 months ago on an 05 Civic Si and got dicked with 17%. I had to do it to get my credit going again. I intended to trade the Civic in on an 06 GTO after a year but I don't want to wait and I just got a new job which gives me $2500.00 more a month of income.
Plus, I hate this damn Civic...It was fun for about a week then I kept getting 17 yr olds telling how "Phat" it was and wanting to show me what they've done to their 95 DX???....I just don't get the whole fast & futile thing...I had a 90 300ZX from 1996 up until a month ago and I couldn't stand driving it anymore because I would get too much annoying attention from these punks. So I sold it to one of them...now it's green and has stickers all over it???? That Z was in awesome shape too...87,000 mile 1990!!!...Kids are idiots!

Anyone heard of of any incentives on GTO's coming soon??

There has to be something...There are more GTO's on the lots here than there are Sunfires!!

My 05 GT Stang buddy says it's cuz nobody wants them!...I say good! I will like the exclusivity!! He can't drive that Stang anywhere without seeing another one every mile or so!! The things feels cheaply made as well...interior feel like a snap tite model kit!!

Be safe!!

Danny :cheers
Well that explains why there are none around here..... Ohio has em' all.

The dealers put their orders in for them. Around me there are a few of them. Where I live it's the nature of people to be conservative. In Lancaster, my dealer only ordered 2 -04's and 2 -05's. I don't know the exact reason why, but that's all they got. I have seen dealers in larger cities with a large inventory. I guess the dealers around me don't want all that money tied up in GTO's when they can use that money to stock cheaper, faster moving cars.

I guess if someone wants one, its off to OHHHHH hi O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Also , on the lot doesn't mean they are not sold . I bought mine while in transit and it was on the lot a week before I picked it up (100+ miles away). Color Selection can also be a factor. Waiting for incentives is like short selling stocks - sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't . If Ohio has tons of them , then waiting could save money but in the South they don't stay unsold very long. Mustangs are seen alot but GTO's are rare , at least in my travels...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
119 Posts
I would go into a dealer and tell them you will give them $300 over INVOICE only......Or wait till sept or Oct when you can get a better deal.
I am sure that there are many DEALERS on this site that are telling you that there are none around or people are running for these cars.
Wait 2 weeks or the last day of aug or Sept and go in there with your deal.
Last day of the month is when you get the deals....JohnnyT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
I would go into a dealer and tell them you will give them $300 over INVOICE only......Or wait till sept or Oct when you can get a better deal.
I am sure that there are many DEALERS on this site that are telling you that there are none around or people are running for these cars.
Wait 2 weeks or the last day of aug or Sept and go in there with your deal.
Last day of the month is when you get the deals....JohnnyT
Johnny keeps saying that the price has to come down, but right now there are 39 GTO's in Orlando. 3 weeks ago when I searched there was a dealer that had 26 and the total was about 60-70. The last of the 05's are heading to the dealers now. These have to last till between November and January, depending on who you talk to. At that rate most of the dealers will be out in late September to early October. I just don't see the need for GM to rebate or a dealer to cut the price. Last year at this time GM announced that the 05 was getting a bunch of improvements and no price increase, that killed 04 sales. There is only minor appearance changes for 06.

If they are overstocked in Ohio then 1 of 2 things will happen, GM will use a regional rebate, or dealers in Pa, Ky, Ny, In, and Mi will start raiding to cover their shortfalls.

Good advice on waiting till the end of the month also, unless the dealer just had a great month. Also hit them with a lower price than you think they will ever take, and make them talk you up. If you want the car for 300 above invoice offer a 1000 below.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Johnny keeps saying that the price has to come down, but right now there are 39 GTO's in Orlando. 3 weeks ago when I searched there was a dealer that had 26 and the total was about 60-70. The last of the 05's are heading to the dealers now. These have to last till between November and January, depending on who you talk to. At that rate most of the dealers will be out in late September to early October. I just don't see the need for GM to rebate or a dealer to cut the price. Last year at this time GM announced that the 05 was getting a bunch of improvements and no price increase, that killed 04 sales. There is only minor appearance changes for 06.

If they are overstocked in Ohio then 1 of 2 things will happen, GM will use a regional rebate, or dealers in Pa, Ky, Ny, In, and Mi will start raiding to cover their shortfalls.

Good advice on waiting till the end of the month also, unless the dealer just had a great month. Also hit them with a lower price than you think they will ever take, and make them talk you up. If you want the car for 300 above invoice offer a 1000 below.
:agree
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
119 Posts
there are many GTOs in Pa. NJ area dealers and you will get the best price on the last day of the month a hour before closing.
GM will have a good month with their employees program.
So will Ford and Dodge.
I am sure there ane some dealers in some parts of the country that don't have any and some parts there are so many.Go at the End of aug at closing time and make them a deal and if they don't take it ,I would wait till then end of sept because their special pricing will be gone.....Never pay sticker or close to it...let me know if i am wrong?JohnnyT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
I would think if there are any GTO's sitting on lots toward the end of October though November, you could walk up and get a somewhat good deal. The only problem with that is you can't be picky about what color you get and all... because stock should be very limited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Yeah, I'm in central OH, and the dealership 1/4 mile from my house has 2 GTOs on the lot, the dealership up the road has 2, the dealership the other direction has 2 also. I think they don't sell here because I've never seen an ad on TV or in the paper for them. The 04 GTO was out 6 months before I heard of them. People at work look at me funny when they first hear I have an 05 GTO - they all say 'you mean a 65 GTO?'. Nobody knows they exist here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
There's a handful in Austin too. About 20 spread across three dealers and I'm sure there are even more in San Antonio. I'm going to check them out tomorrow and offer some crazy low-ball deal because I don't NEED a new car. They're going to have to sell me on the deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
linux_fan said:
Yeah, I'm in central OH, and the dealership 1/4 mile from my house has 2 GTOs on the lot, the dealership up the road has 2, the dealership the other direction has 2 also. I think they don't sell here because I've never seen an ad on TV or in the paper for them. The 04 GTO was out 6 months before I heard of them. People at work look at me funny when they first hear I have an 05 GTO - they all say 'you mean a 65 GTO?'. Nobody knows they exist here.
You've gotta love that!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
119 Posts
Well If I don't get my Stang Gt on Fords X-Plan by Oct i might get a GTO.
if yea need a GTO right away go on the last day of this month this week about 3 hours before they close.I am sure you can get the car at near INVOICE,but even if yea wait till oct i am sure there will still be many colors to chose from.
This week coming home from NYC and NJ areas passing many Pontiac dealers i can see that they still have many GTOs left.........And why not wait till the employees program ends in 2 weeks and see what happens,you know the cars will still be there...(I am starting to like the GTOs looks a bit better now with sept rolling around lol)JohnnyT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Rotten Rat said:
Doesn't your state require the sales tax to be paid when the vehicle is registered? It shouldn't matter where you buy it, you pay your resident state's tax on the vehicle.
Thats how it works here in FL, you actually pay your county specific sales tax based on your residence.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top