Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust - I put SLP Loudmouth Shotgun Resonators in place of the stock mufflers and ran 2.5" pipe straight out the back. (It sounds NICE!)
Sound Clip (The video doesnt sound half as good as it does in real life, in my opinion)
Hood - RK Sport Ram Air Hood, "GTO" hand laid under the clear coat
Tint - 20%

I need to take better pics, the car was dirty and weather was crappy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How did you handle the rear facia; Did you cut it or is that a replacement?
If you cut it, could you describe the process and perhaps a closeup pic of the cut side.
It looks good, like it came that way.
Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
diverdan said:
How did you handle the rear facia; Did you cut it or is that a replacement?
If you cut it, could you describe the process and perhaps a closeup pic of the cut side.
It looks good, like it came that way.
Thanks.

I had the body shop cut the valence. It took literally 10 minutes, the just measured up everything perfectly and cut it with a tiny sawz-all like took, it looked like the drill at a doctors office. I'll try to get some pics of the whole close up. It came out clean.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very, Very Nice...

Wow man that car sound nice and looks fantastic....Nice Job.
I am about to install my SAP and want to mod the rear facia like you have done. Some close ups would be nice as I want the split exhausts like you have. What did they put you back in terms of cost if you don't mind me asking?

Best regards

Andrew
:cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asteng88 said:
Wow man that car sound nice and looks fantastic....Nice Job.
I am about to install my SAP and want to mod the rear facia like you have done. Some close ups would be nice as I want the split exhausts like you have. What did they put you back in terms of cost if you don't mind me asking?

Best regards

Andrew
:cheers

A couple people have asked me to get close ups of the new exhaust exit, so this weekend i'll post some more, and more exhaust shots. Cost ? Well the bill for the hood was around 1,000 (including the lettering painted under the clear), but he gave me a "deal" for 700 cash, and he didnt charge for the cutting of the bumper, which took literally 10 minutes. I'll get those pics soon, if the thread is dead by then, i'll p.m. ya. :cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks nice, just I missed the deadline to hear what your exhaust sounded like...could you happen to put a fresh link on there for me, if not no big deal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ArmyRctr04GTO said:
Car looks great. Where did you order your hood and exhaust?

The hood is from RK Sport and the exhaust is SLP "Shotgun" resonators (the same the use on the loudmouth system) and 2.5' pipe. I had a shop do all the pipe for me. The resonators were put in place of the stock mufflers, and i got them from SLPonline.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
79TA&04GTO said:
Looks nice, just I missed the deadline to hear what your exhaust sounded like...could you happen to put a fresh link on there for me, if not no big deal.

Thanks.
I actually deleted the video off my comp by accident, but your in luck, yesterday another forum member wanted to hear it so I ran out and did a quick vid ! New Clip

MoreMoonShine said:
Very nice! Any performance difference...better breathing etc??
The car breathes a lot better, but any real gains is hard to say. I havent had the car long enough to compare before and after. But im extremely satisfied. Iused to get a couple glances when driving, now with the new hood/exhaust, i get nothing but stares :) , Especially with this baby blastin in the back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts