1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many new styles of headlights available Featuring:
•1 Piece Designs
•ANGEL EYE or HALO Projectors
•LED Accent - Parking lights – DLR (Daytime Running Lights)
•Choice of Housing colors – CHROME/BLACK or CLEAR or SMOKE Lens
•HID Compatible (Can replace OE HID Housings where noted)

Here are some of the new designs:

04-06 GTO

APPLICATIONS:
04-06 - - HALO Style LED DLR's BLACK Inner Housing CLEAR Projector
04-06 - - HALO Style LED DLR's CHROME Inner Housing CLEAR Projector
04-06 - - HALO Style LED DLR's CHROME Inner Housing with Smoke Lens CLEAR Projector

GO TO NOPI SPYDER Catalog for model specific details

Contact the salesmen below or PM me for our best deal on SPYDER Lighting

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the market for some new headlights and these Spyder projectors are the only brand I can find. Guess that makes the decision making process easier...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'd ask around about the quality of those before I purchased them. I'm not necessarly questioning the vendor but the product itself. No personal experience but I've seen negative posts on the a couple of the other forums about them. Yesterday, a member on LS1/LS2GTO.com posted that his Spyder projectors fogged up and after 6 months looked like someone had sanded them with 40 grit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the market for some new headlights and these Spyder projectors are the only brand I can find. Guess that makes the decision making process easier...
I carry many brands and Spyder are the only GTO lights I can find.

To address the following post. All (Except Hella) are made in China/Tiawan. Quality in most factories are equal to OE but YES you will get bad ones from time to time. Be sure you find out the warrenty before purchase. Some manufacturers are good about taking care of issues and some are not. At NOPI will do our best to resolve any issues.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I had these lights, and I put in an HID Kit.

Few things to note:

1. The Halo's are only visible at Night (they are faint and not visible during the day)
2. The light pattern isn't very good
3. If you go HID, the bulbs are typically too long and throw light above the "cut-off," also the light pattern gets worse with HID's

So if you don't drive at night and you'd want this as a cosmetic change, then go for it. But honestly for practicality I'd avoid them.

I went back to my stockers, and kept my HID kit (I had to buy new bulbs as this light uses H1's not H9's - I think I got those numbers right)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
To address the following post. All (Except Hella) are made in China/Tiawan. Quality in most factories are equal to OE........
On what do you base that conclusion?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I'll toss up some photos of the halo's.

I don't have anything with the light pattern but there was a GIANT thread on the other board about them from like 2008 (that I ignored) and found out that most of what was said was right.

Anyway, cosmetically the lights are bad ass:

Halos are ON in all pics. Lights OFF.

But like I said, I went back to stock after 9 months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On what do you base that conclusion?
Because some are OEM on many cars. In a few cases we can supply the OE light but usually the CAR MAKE doesn't allow of it. They own the tooling to produce the OE light.

On the brightness of the Halos. These lights in this thread are first generation LED type. The Manufacturers are now releasing the later versions with CCFL Halo lighting (like a fluorescent ring) instead of an LED with a clear ring to shine through. Unfortunately with many thousands of different fitments and styles of these lights in production, the GTO light is a very low volumn seller (due to the low number of cars produced) so it has yet to be released in CCFL Format.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Because some are OEM on many cars. In a few cases we can supply the OE light but usually the CAR MAKE doesn't allow of it. They own the tooling to produce the OE light.

On the brightness of the Halos. These lights in this thread are first generation LED type. The Manufacturers are now releasing the later versions with CCFL Halo lighting (like a fluorescent ring) instead of an LED with a clear ring to shine through. Unfortunately with many thousands of different fitments and styles of these lights in production, the GTO light is a very low volumn seller (due to the low number of cars produced) so it has yet to be released in CCFL Format.
Will the GTO units ever be produced in CCFL Format? If so, how soon? I am in the market now for some aftermarket headlights, and the smoked ones are perfect!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I was helping my neighbor's son put a starter in his Acura Integra, I don't know the year - earaly 90s I guess. I noticed that the headlights appeared to be aftermarket and asked him about them. He told me that they were Spyder Chrome Crystal headlights and even showed me the box. He had had then on the car for about a year. He said that they fog up, they get moisture droplets on the inside of them when he washes his car, and they appeared not to fit as well as OEM lights. They also had a lot of 'road rash' type pits and scratches. If this is an indication of the quality of Spyder's producs, I'll pass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was helping my neighbor's son put a starter in his Acura Integra, I don't know the year - earaly 90s I guess. I noticed that the headlights appeared to be aftermarket and asked him about them. He told me that they were Spyder Chrome Crystal headlights and even showed me the box. He had had then on the car for about a year. He said that they fog up, they get moisture droplets on the inside of them when he washes his car, and they appeared not to fit as well as OEM lights. They also had a lot of 'road rash' type pits and scratches. If this is an indication of the quality of Spyder's producs, I'll pass.
There has been issues over the years with light manufacturers. They have gotten a lot better of late. The issues (if any) we are having now are shipping damage and custom wiring of the the Halos and DLR's are confusing to some. It's hard to defend Chinese made anything, but these are top sellers among the products we offer and we offer many thousands of designs. Many factors play a part in the wearing of these lights so some last a very long time and others stored outside driven frequently in snow, ice or coastal travel would obvoiusly wear quicker just like the OE light might.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
No need to be defensive. I'm not knocking you or your company. I'm talking about the product. You don't have any control over the quality of the product. I promise I won't say anything else here because I don't plan to buy any and this is kind of like crapping on someone's car for sale ad.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No need to be defensive. I'm not knocking you or your company. I'm talking about the product. You don't have any control over the quality of the product. I promise I won't say anything else here because I don't plan to buy any and this is kind of like crapping on someone's car for sale ad.
I have read a lot of the same problems you listed. In the OP's defense, these were the older versions of the headlights that I was reading up on. I have yet to get feedback on the newer models. Maybe they have been fixed, or maybe they have not, I have no idea. I do agree though. Those reviews make me not really want to take the plunge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts