Pontiac GTO Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ya I found a guy on another forum who did it on his '66, they get mounted to a peice of abs then the gauge bezel goes up to the dash opening. View attachment 157460 View attachment 157461
So they make them to fit in the existing dash ports for about $200 a piece probably like $250 now but just to have the xisting ones refurbished costs more than that, I like these much more. My car is a long way from stock. I gave away my steering wheel, stock one, as it was falling apart he told me it cost $800 to redo it. Crazy. I didnt even like it new. But those are awesome I'll see if I can figure it out. cant afford it now but maybe in the future
I installed power steering that made a huge difference, the engine is really nice will be when I get everything together

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No. I didnt install them and I have no issues at all. Are your covers drilled for breathers?
Yes ones a breather other oil. How would you get oil in it otherwise?
Have you ever installed a new brake booster master cyl etc? I just ordered all new ones so I can get the new VCs on the drivers side seems like a technical project. Any pointers? I do know about the rod coming out of the booster into the master cyl has to be like a 1/16" gap repiping will be a chore for sure, but Im looking forward to getting it done so I can drive the dam car.

·
Premium Member
Cameo Ivory 1967
4,209 Posts
Flaring tool for breaks isnt so critical with the degree.

It gets nasty when double flares and stainless is involved. I got fed up with it all when doing the an flares for my fuel stuff, so I finally broke down and got a pro set up. Most of your concerns will be short runs from the master to the dist block/ prop valve

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

It gets nasty when double flares and stainless is involved. I got fed up with it all when doing the an flares for my fuel stuff, so I finally broke down and got a pro set up. Most of your concerns will be short runs from the master to the dist block/ prop valve
OK so theres this part on the booster and one line comes out of the ptoportioning valve to it then to the rear brakes will I need to keep it? heres a pic U can see the line to it
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Audio equipment

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Metering valve

21 - 35 of 35 Posts