Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my second driver's power seat motor replaced next week. Both of them clunked while moving forward and backward like a gear was broken. I only weigh 190 lbs. It can't be a weight issue. Has anyone else had this problem on the 05's?

·
Registered
910 Posts
QSGTO said:
I am having my second driver's power seat motor replaced next week. Both of them clunked while moving forward and backward like a gear was broken. I only weigh 190 lbs. It can't be a weight issue. Has anyone else had this problem on the 05's?
I have the same problem . Since I'm the only driver and no one ever gets into the back seat, I figured I would live with it.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
QSGTO said:

Yep! The slow clunky seat mechanism is about the only thing that doesn't feel high quality in the GTO interior. They really should have used a simple mechanical release for fore/aft seat travel. No waiting for the slooooow seat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have an '06 and mine doesn't seem any faster than my '04.

But I only moved the seat forward maybe 3 times with the '04 - no one had ever sat in the back, just a couple of travel bags.

So I could have forgotten how slow the '04 was.

Maybe some side-by-side comparison with a stopwatch is in order.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Have the dealership replace. Mine are smooth, with no clunking. not the fastest in the world, but I prefer the speed at the tires :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
QSGTO said:

There is a service bulletin out and a kit with a dampener to install. Had mine done 8 months ago & been fine since.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a FYI - I have the same problem with my seats. The problem with mine is that the seat rides on bearings set in a thin plastic rod. The plastic rod broke and parts of it, and some bearings, have ended up under the seat, thus the clunking. I'm hoping they've come up with a better design as a replacement.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer just called and told me the seat motors are on national backorder.
:mad::shutme

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New seat motor is being installed today. It showed up 2 days after they told me it was national backorder.
:confused

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
QSGTO said:
New seat motor is being installed today. It showed up 2 days after they told me it was national backorder.
:confused
Happens all the time, GM will tell us (parts dept.) one thing and then do another......:willy:

·
Registered
187 Posts
The 06 seats are no faster then the 05's and 04's. My brand new 06 is already clunking. I can't believe how slow these motors are.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had 3 passengers for the first time last night, and when I went to move the passenger seat back today it wouldn't move. I think that seat was used maybe a dozen times and already busted...not cool.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd really rather a manual way to move the seat forward for loading passenger in the rear... the power seat is a PITA. Oh.. and it clunks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't think you guys with '04s should feel bad.....because oh my effing gawd is the '06 motor just as slow!!! Really, it's embarrassing when I have to wait for it to load a friend in the car!! Takes a year, I swear.:willy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some things just don't need to be computerized. If someone created a manual replacement kit for our seats I would definitely install it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts