Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Dallas Area

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  gogirl 
#1 ·
Does anybody know what dealers and what incentives are beign offered for the purchase of a new 2004 GTO? I have been thinking about buying one for some time now, but after reading about the great incentives I think I might actually do it. Can anybody help me?

#2 ·
Current GM rebate is $5500 in the mid-west and east coast. Most dealers are selling at invoice or into their hold back so the real price should start at $30K. That should place you about 24.5 for a reasonable deal (30-5.5). Dealers also have $500 GM Certificates they can use to help clinch a sale. I bought mine when the rebate was $3500 but the dealer used 2 certificates to give me an extra $1000 off. However, with the larger rebate, many dealers are not so gracious with the certificates on the GTO. Some of the even lower prices posted on the forum are the result of GM MasterCards and associated GM Bucks. I'm still searching for the details, but it appears that GM selected some card holders to recieve bonus dollars (GM told me it was a random selection), up to $5000, if they would use them to buy a GTO. Its like these folks won the lottery - no one at my Pontiac Dealership even knew about this GM Card bonus when I talked to them today. Its hard to not get frustrated for those of us who purchased just a week or two before this all broke - I should say anyone how purchased prior to this big promotional surge. However, the car is worth every dollar of $30K+. Its the best GM vehicle I've owned with respect to quality.

Don't hesitate to much longer if you decide to join the GTO club. My dealer has gone from 7 to 1 left since the new rebate (black automatic). 3 weeks ago the dealer with the most stock in the DFW area was Alta Vista in Carrolton. He would not deal when I purchased but may now. I was originally going to wait until January to buy but decided the Impluse Blue M6 (only 804 produced) I wanted would not be around if I waited any longer.

If you buy, you need to do three things right away. Check the tire pressure (they are shipped with 60 psi), swap the brake pads out for Vette C5 pads (same part but twice the friction area), and flush/bleed the brakes with Valvoline Synthetic brake fluid (for some reason the brake fluid is all dark with contamination).

#5 · (Edited)
I'm in the same boat and hit up several dealerships over the weekend. It's hit or miss at each depending on which saleperson you end up with. The 2 I spoke with at Vista Ridge were dip $hit's. They wanted to take me inside and fill out some paperwork first, the equivilant of being weighed so to speek, before showing me a GTO. I told them both to stuff it and I'd take my business elsewhere! :shutme

#6 ·
Same thoughts on Vista Ridge in Carrollton. I was dealing on mine at Sewell, who only had 5 left (2 A4, 3 M6), and they were $1000 less than Vista Ridge, who claimed they had 47 in stock, just about every color combo including 5 Pulse Red. The VR guy kept calling all day, but wouldn't move on the price at all. My only reason for considering Vista Ridge was the fact that they had the Pulsa Red...but I just didn't want to do business with them, felt like they were just there to screw me on the deal.

I ended up buying mine from Sewell on Dec 11th, and have no regretted my decision one moment.

Good Luck!!!

#7 ·
So basically what should I expect when I walk in to buy one? What would be a good deal since I do not have any GM coupons? I like the car, but I do not need to get it now, even though it would be a nice step up from my 83 Silverado.

#10 ·
If the salesmen are giving you grief, don't talk with any. When you call a dealer, ask to speak to the fleet manager. As I read in a great magazine article, "the fleet manager's usual job is to coordinate sales of two or more cars at a time…the advantage of dealing with a fleet manager is that, unlike sales managers and salespersons, the fleet managers' commissions tend to be based primarily on sales volume – as opposed to gross profit per vehicle sold.”

Also, you should check on http://www.gmbuypower.com for a dealer that has the exterior color / interior color / transmission combination you want. This isn’t the most user-friendly web site, so it can be pretty time consuming, but remember that knowledge is power (and cheaper). If you reach a dealer that has no GTO’s, click on “Search Nearby Dealerships” – that will save some time.

I used these techniques and got the GTO I wanted at a great price. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.