Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's this weekend folks. The show opens Friday afternoon, Feb 14th and runs through Sunday, Feb 16th. I'll be there again, showing the Beast as part of the Dallas Area Pontiac Association club display. I understand that Danielle from "American Pickers" is going to be there Sunday.

C'mon out and say howdy.

Bear

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Send me a plane ticket Bear and I'm on my way lol. Weather has got to be better there than here. :cool

Oh, include one for Missus Alky :cheers and Andi too :cheers. They'd love to see Texas and the Beast as much as I would.

At least post up some pics from the show when you can and have a good time buddy :party:. I'm sure the Beast will be a standout at the show! :seeya:

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alky :)

In past years it has been an "also ran" becauses there were tons of really exceptional cars, and because of classing. I'm too modified to be in stock restored, too plain to be in mild custom with all the wild paint and blowers (like a certain orange 69 I know of :D)

This year I put it in Competiton Stock - a class for mostly stock race cars. We'll see :)

Bear

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Ok where'd you get the slick trunk liner and spare cover, you been holding out on us?

That car just sits "Right", like a Puma ready to pounce. I hear you on the classes, i always am somewhere in between, but being there seeing the cars and talking to others about them is where the funs at. I think they should have a class for mild street custom. Like the plate took me a few to see it...LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words :cheers

The back panel in the trunk is just a piece of hard board I cut to fit and painted satin black. The GTO sign I bought at Hobby Lobby, The tire cover is my original repop cover that I painted black with spray dye. The carpet mat I bought from Ames. The arrowhead I cut from sheet vinyl using my wife's fancy scrapbooking die cutter machine. Turned out ok, huh?

Bear

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Bear's a happy camper tonight. Autorama is the largest indoor show in Dallas, by far. There were cars here from as far away as New Jersey, and some REALLY high dollar machines that obviously are dedicated show cars that only get driven between the trailer and the show floor, if that.

I'm happy and proud to report that the Beast took 2nd place in my class, Competition Stock. :D The first place car deserved the win. It was a 62 Chevy BelAir factory super-stock car, complete with dual quad 409 and original aluminum fenders. It obviously was one of those 'never gets driven' cars and it was gorgeous (yes, even for a Chevy :D)

I drove mine home, and took the long way on surface streets instead of the freeway - enjoying a beautiful cool Texas night. I feel really fortunate to be able to have these experiences, and very grateful.

Ya'll get out there and enjoy yourselves too :cheers

Bear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts