Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was northbound on the I-405 when i see a WRX with exhaust entering from the on ramp. i get behind him and he mashes the pedal. i do the same, but it feels like my car only dropped to 3rd gear. i was doing appx 70 when i hit the gas. kinda disappointing due to the fact that i wasnt able to pass the WRX. i didnt even gain on him. he stay appx 20 feet in front of me at WOT. i looked at his tail lights for about 10 second and then i let off, right after my wife yelled at me for driving so fast.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Brimm said:
i was northbound on the I-405 when i see a WRX with exhaust entering from the on ramp. i get behind him and he mashes the pedal. i do the same, but it feels like my car only dropped to 3rd gear. i was doing appx 70 when i hit the gas. kinda disappointing due to the fact that i wasnt able to pass the WRX. i didnt even gain on him. he stay appx 20 feet in front of me at WOT. i looked at his tail lights for about 10 second and then i let off, right after my wife yelled at me for driving so fast.
So shift into second yourself, next time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI, not to stereo type but the turbo imports attract a younger crowd that loves street racing and thus, there are Evos and Stis disgusied as Lancers and WRXs simply to dupe guys like us. I know this because I was shopping for Evos and STIs form those types of kids before I fell in love with the Goat. Let me tell you, I drove a 418awhp and 450awhp EVO and those things were ungodly fast. Both cars could break the 12 second barrier and, thanks to AWD, could do so on street tires. The second car lit up all 4 tires in a smokey burnout when run hard on a test drive in Brooklyn. Neither was street legal or even close to it, and both had ridiculous amounts of $ invested, but so do quite a few Goats that can't run 11s.

But I still love the Goat. It may be heavy, but it makes up for it by having parts that like to break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.