Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you already know that I don't own a home computer (but my GTO is fast as hell :D ), and before working at a dealership I didn't really know how to use the internet.... :willy: (how did I get through life :rolleyes: )Anyway, my question is..... I don't have a digital camera but my cell phone will take pics, how the hell do you get the pics from the phone to the forum?!?!? If you can help me call me at 817.905.3329 (since how most of you won't post this before I leave work and I won't get it till Tuesday....) I'll be partying at a friends house this weekend and I'll post some cool pics there. Thanks in advance who hooks me up (I'll make it worth your while)!!
Thanks,
Steve A.
Performance Manager
I.T. Manager....oh, wait j/k :cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Steve,
We are going to need to know what service you use for your Cell and we should be able to help you from there, Sprint, Nextel, Verison all have different ways of doing this.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Steve, I am not versed on cell phones but does your phone have a USB port on it and did your phone come with the USB cord? If it does you should be able to hook up the USB port from the phone to the puter. You'll probably need software for this and it should have come with the phone.... once you download pics to a designated file you can access it, and upload at any time.
Since you are asking, I am assuming your phone didn't come with software. Try calling your phones tech support?

·
Registered
160 Posts
You will need at LEAST the special USB cable to upload the pics to your PC. You MAY also need special software as lots of cameras don't natively upload.

My advice: rather than spending ANYTHING on getting pics off your cel phone, spend a little and get a real digital camera. Here is an HP 2.1 megapixel camera for $80. My bet is that you will spend upwards of 1/2 of that getting your cel phone to talk to your PC (of course, this depends on what you have now). I and a whole bunch of my friends/family/coworkers have cel phone cameras. They all take horrible pics.

I spent about $300 on a pretty good (at the time) Nikon 3 megapixel digital camera about 2 years ago and I pat myself on the back every time I use it. The pics you see of my baby (er Goat) were taken with it. I use it a LOT more than I ever anticipated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Depending on your phone you can email them to yourself. Thats how I get em off my phone (cause I don't have the data cable). I just created a new entry in my phone book, but instead of a phone number I put my email address in. I go to the picture and choose send to, and then pick my email address. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, my phone didn't come with a data cable, but, I have a friend that can email them to me! Thanks again for everyone! :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts