Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you folks see the article in the most recent Road & Track? They asked prominent car people what their best car ever was. Dan Gurney stated he has a '05 with a non-scoop hood and he removed the rear wing. He loves the stealthy speed of the car.

If it's good enough for Gurney, it's good enough for me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah I posted on this last week, I thought it to be a pretty fair endorsement. Stopped and looked at a C6 last night and all the salesman could talk about was my GTO.GTO`s eating up NHRA pro stock ranks too.
Mike :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Duck916 said:
Any of you folks see the article in the most recent Road & Track? They asked prominent car people what their best car ever was. Dan Gurney stated he has a '05 with a non-scoop hood and he removed the rear wing. He loves the stealthy speed of the car.

If it's good enough for Gurney, it's good enough for me!
I just read the article in R & T about Dan Gurney. Last week I picked up the English magazine, EVO, and they had an article about the Mille Milligia vintage race. They travelled there in a Monaro VXR which is basically a GTO with a different nose. And they loved it. They also commented many times on the admiring looks the car received.

Makes you wonder why so many American car magazines are so lukewarm in their praise of the car. I have had many, many cars including many priced well above the GTO and I still find it to be one fo the most rewarding cars I have owned. Plus it is wonderful on a trip with those seats being the most comfortable in any car I have owned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.