Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I went to Best Buy. While getting out of the car I think my fiancee manually locked her door before they both shut and I could finally lock them via the transmitter and as soon as I locked it the horn chirped five times. I opened and reshut the door, locked via transmitter and walla...five more chirps. I then opened the door again and put the key in the ignition and turned on and off........same thing again after I shut and locked the door :mad:

Finally I opened my door and reached over to manally lock the passenger lock, finally this worked. What is up with this horrible locking system??? I'm so used to pressing the lock button on the door of my old car and I can't get in the groove with this one. I can't press mine down and up to open the passengers so I have to reach over?? I forget to lock the car half the time too since I'm not used to having to use the transmitter to lock. Maybe I'm making this too difficult? Is there a trick to overriding this mess?

·
Registered
590 Posts
you'll get used to it. i actually like this transmitter better than what comes on current GM's. took a while to get used to.

once in a while i get the 5 chirp thing..

i think the car's just indicating it's confused to so many different commands at once. after about ten seconds the system seems to be back to normal.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Mine did get confused once. Set the damn alarm off and everything. You can use the DIC to program both doors to unlock at the same time using the fob.

Another annoyance is that the doors don't unlock when you pull on the inside door release handle. Other brands do. Grrr. And when somebody pulls on the inside door release handle before I use the fob to unlock it -- they have to unlock it manually.

I use the fob to unlock the car while inside because I'm pretty tall -- and reaching around to yank the level up is a contortionist act for me.

·
Registered
590 Posts
you ever leave your windows down ?

you can't just walk up, unlock a door manually, and open a door.

that's sent me running to the house for the keys a couple times :rofl:

the holden doesn't like that at all :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine did crap like this when the lock motor went out. its a common problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.