Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
I checked a few of the aftermarket vendors to see if they had them listed and didn't find any. The pics of tachs seem to have the same mounting hole tabs, so it's possible it would fit, but again, no hard data to confirm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there a difference in a Rally Dash and a Premium Gauge cluster ? OPG uses both terms, not sure if they are talking about the same thing. I am converting a Lemans dash to a GTO dash and was going to use OPGs Premium Gauge Cluster. Any comments ?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looking at the OPGI catalog the Premium Cluster appears to be digital type gauges with a non-factory appearance.
The Rally Gauge cluster appears to be similar to the factory style. IIRC the factory gauges for 69-72 had a black background. The ad in the catalog states the reproductions are grey.

Ames Performance Engineering has a better setup IMHO for a similar price.
Ames offers two different packages. I believe the price difference includes a new harness. You can easily modify the older warning light harness to Rally Gauges

Be aware the Rally Gauge package does not include a tach or clock from both vendors. You must also reuse your existing speedometer. The 70 GTO had a 140 MPH speedo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking at the OPGI catalog the Premium Cluster appears to be digital type gauges with a non-factory appearance.
The Rally Gauge cluster appears to be similar to the factory style. IIRC the factory gauges for 69-72 had a black background. The ad in the catalog states the reproductions are grey.

Ames Performance Engineering has a better setup IMHO for a similar price.
Ames offers two different packages. I believe the price difference includes a new harness. You can easily modify the older warning light harness to Rally Gauges

Be aware the Rally Gauge package does not include a tach or clock from both vendors. You must also reuse your existing speedometer. The 70 GTO had a 140 MPH speedo.
Did the 1970 GTO's that had a Rally Instrument cluster, have a Hood Tach too ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
they could have
I would guess 1 in 10 with rally gauges got a hood tach or dash tach
from the cars Ive owned and parted out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts