Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions about color on my 1967 GTO.

This is the first GTO I have restored, which includes a body off restoration. It's back together and in my opinion it's looking great.

I have started on the interior and wiring but needed some guidance on the following:

1) is the metal dash on these cars painted gloss or a semi-gloss black?

2) Is there a book or website that I can identify the color various parts are painted?

Thanks again for any help,
Finn

·
Registered
834 Posts
Finn,
It breaks down to 0 degree (Flat) gloss and 60 degree (Semi) gloss that was/is used in the '66-'67 interior paint schedules.
Heres a page from the '66 DuPont book showing the areas to painted with said degrees. This would be the same for '67.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
The area between the dash pad and the windshield is 0% gloss, the rest of the interior is 60% gloss, FYI under the hood in the engine compartment is 30% gloss, the rest of the engine compartment is 60% gloss as well as the frame and the undercarriage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finn,
It breaks down to 0 degree (Flat) gloss and 60 degree (Semi) gloss that was/is used in the '66-'67 interior paint schedules.
Heres a page from the '66 DuPont book showing the areas to painted with said degrees. This would be the same for '67.
Wow, this is great and you have really helped me again.
All the best Finn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts