Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased a 1965 GTO and i am in the process of documenting it. I am stuck on one date code and in searching all over the internet i have not found anything that would help. On the rear of the frame facing the outside of the car on the drivers side there are two numbers. One number is the part number of the frame (9780911). And the other number i beleive suppose to be the date code (012144N2). I am not certain but i wanted to throw it out there to all of you for confirmation. I do understand that the seriel number of the car is on the same side of the frame but on top of the frame which is unaccessalbe. Any help would be appreceated.

Phil:seeya:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that confirms my suspicion but how to read the date code is pretty cryptic. My car was built the first week of January 1965 and all other numbers are in line with that date. Would you think that the date code on the frame of 012144N2 would really be 12/14/64? If so that would be correct but i dont know why there would be a 0 before the 12 and dont know why they did not put 64 but instead put a 4. Any ideas? well and actually what is the N2? We are getting close

1 - 3 of 3 Posts