Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have a thursday night cruise in show at the little ice cream joint down the street, was'nt expecting much. WOW!!! lots of nice cars (must have been 100 there, pictures coming soon). After the show at dusk i dropped the wife off (back seat driver) and took my 18 year old out to the local metro park for her first drive in (her car) the Tempest. It was a moment i am sure we will both remember for a lifetime, sun going down under vanilla skies, long sweeping roads with no one but the last few straggling bikers and joggers around, no other traffic for her to worry about. She eased into it as she has never driven a car w/o ABS and it stops on a dime with the new discs as my wife found out driving up to the cruise...LOL. after her first lap around the circuit she had the feel down and i could see her confidence grow and she had a smile ear to ear as we pulled on a straight and i told her to give it some gas. she ran it up smoothly through second like a champ giving the big motor the respect it is due.....I think we have another Member i will have to have her sign up and tell you guys what she thought.....:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Awesome congrats on what I am sure was one of those "proudest moments". I have a few years to wait for that my son is only 10 so hopefully Marilyn will be ready long before he is.

Look forward to hearing her side of the story and hearing about the first time she take you for a ride and peals it sideways down the block!
:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Be careful, would hate to hear on the 6 o clock news... Dad found duct taped and gagged in closet. Daughter is prime suspect as Blue Tempest and her have not been seen since...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rofl:...thats my girl tough as nails and GRRROOOOWWWWLLLSSS!!! when she gets mad just like the car. Heard her telling a guy that was looking at the car at the show that the 326 original motor is on a stand in the shop and that it's a 463...not a 455...LOL. Still a bit leery of her driving in traffic just yet but she is off to college on Saturday so i have another winter to get up that courage...:cheers:cheers:cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By that time Crusty i am sure you will have him able to take it apart and put it back together blindfolded. i told her she will need to learn to maintain it also. and so another generation carries on the nameplate

·
Registered
220 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think you've mentioned that she has a boyfriend. Too bad. I'm a respectable young single guy who loves Ponchos! :lol: Just kidding though g8er! Congratulations!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oooh, Eric! Adopt ME! Adopt ME! I've already been put through college! I'd be cheap!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol: Duke....been waiting for that, she just dumped him...he was a Ford guy...:willy: She just walked in and her exact words were "Cali, i'm down for that!".....:shutme, just remember my trunk has enough room for at least three of you....:D she also said she "creeps" the forum to see what i say about her...so Meg, yoru the best daughter a guy could have!!!:seeya:

guess i'll have to get one of these when she takes mine..:party:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Haha! I guess you all won't be painting his mustang!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car is amazing! It runs and drives great! I had a ton of fun driving it last night and can't wait until he let's me take it out again (HINT HINT!) Until then I will have to settle with riding shotgun! :D

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The car is amazing! It runs and drives great! I had a ton of fun driving it last night and can't wait until he let's me take it out again (HINT HINT!) Until then I will have to settle with riding shotgun! :D
You're a very lucky girl, Lilinstg8er. Most dads wouldn't let a kid your age even think about getting behind the wheel. Anytime he lets you drive it, "always" thank him.

My daughter doesn't turn 16 for another year. Already, over the past 2 years, her guy classmates ask her if she'll be able to take the gto to school.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts