Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fist day with the car ... and I am sitting at the dealership already. :-( Driver's seat will go backwards but not forwards. Wasn't so bad at first but now I can barely reach the clutch to the floor. Common problem, I know. Still sucks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Red Fred said:
Fist day with the car ... and I am sitting at the dealership already. :-( Driver's seat will go backwards but not forwards. Wasn't so bad at first but now I can barely reach the clutch to the floor. Common problem, I know. Still sucks.
good luck hope you don't have anymore probs.. does your rear end have the dreaded issue??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Red Fred said:
Welcome and Congrats on your purchase.
:cheers

Three common problems that have hit most of us in some fashion : Seat Problems ; Gas Pedal and reduced Mode problems ; and my personal Favorite : Rearend whine problems. Once you get her back and after the breakin period - Have Fun and pick you spots as triple digits come quickly...

Two easy/cheap mods that most of us have done : amp gain adjustment and
a tie-wrap to hold the gas cap when fueling (also keep the front wheels lower when fueling to always get it to click at the real full mark). Also a radar detector is very handy assuming NJ allows them...

:)

G

·
If the warrenty is gone .. I say drop them in yer garage or play room .. then drop in JIC.. or a light aftermarket racing seat....kinda sux tho no more leather unless you can find a set in leather ..

I dunno I might do that even tho my warrenty isnt up yet ..

bright side is instead of a car weighing 3800 you would have one at 3700 .. LOL :willy: :party:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JMJ80 said:
good luck hope you don't have anymore probs.. does your rear end have the dreaded issue??
Wow that day just disappeared on me...

They were able to reprogram something and it is working (at the moment). Something tells me this is not the end of my seat issues.

I haven't noticed a lot of diff whine yet, but I only have 170 miles onthe car. I will definitely keep an eye .... umm EAR out for it.

Read about you all fine tuning the stereo issues so I reached in and turned up the amp already and turned the EQ and distortion protection off. Sounds pretty good.

And XCommuter - I have not driven without a radar detector for many years now. Probably started about the time I started buying RED cars! The Valentine One has been great at telling me "you just got beamed by the laser gun... again."

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
This is a program error when your car was manufactured. What your dealer did was pull the power seat fuse for about a minute, to reset the seat's computer. The problem should not happen again. :rofl:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in your area, but haven't had to take the car back to the dealer since I purchased it. After you have the car back, please let me know where you had it serviced, and how they did, so that if/when I do need work done, I will know where to go or not go. Good luck though, it is a fantastic car. And watch the speed traps around here. As you know, it seems like there are a million of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PEARL JAM said:
This is a program error when your car was manufactured. What your dealer did was pull the power seat fuse for about a minute, to reset the seat's computer. The problem should not happen again. :rofl:
Thanks Pearl Jam. Good to know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FastFreddy said:
I am in your area, but haven't had to take the car back to the dealer since I purchased it. After you have the car back, please let me know where you had it serviced, and how they did, so that if/when I do need work done, I will know where to go or not go. Good luck though, it is a fantastic car. And watch the speed traps around here. As you know, it seems like there are a million of them.
Hey Fast Freddy. I bought the car at Burns Pontiac GMC on Route 70 in Marlton. Not the greatest deal... but I limped my Benz in there with some "issues" and didn't want to have to drive all over looking to save a few bucks a month.

Service writer was decent guy and they had the car fixed within a half hour - even on a Saturday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
big_mike said:
you wouldnt be a "red" kind of guy would ya? lol
Not a COMMIE or anything! ;) Just have an issue with buying red cars. Kinda the opposite of that guy from the movie "Used Cars"...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Red Fred said:
I haven't noticed a lot of diff whine yet, but I only have 170 miles onthe car. I will definitely keep an eye .... umm EAR out for it
go easy on it for the first 500 miles. see if you get out of it that away. i had 250 miles on mine when new so i didn't have all the control of being easy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Red Fred said:
Wow that day just disappeared on me...

They were able to reprogram something and it is working (at the moment). Something tells me this is not the end of my seat issues.

I haven't noticed a lot of diff whine yet, but I only have 170 miles onthe car. I will definitely keep an eye .... umm EAR out for it.

Read about you all fine tuning the stereo issues so I reached in and turned up the amp already and turned the EQ and distortion protection off. Sounds pretty good.

And XCommuter - I have not driven without a radar detector for many years now. Probably started about the time I started buying RED cars! The Valentine One has been great at telling me "you just got beamed by the laser gun... again."
Where is the amp? I have peeled back the carpet exposing the fuel tank, but I didn't see it. Is that where it is???

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.