Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand to dissable your DDl's you pull the relay in the engines fuse box.Is there a special tool for this? I spoke with a Pontiac Service Manager and said they have a program to dissable the DDL's.....

·
Registered
937 Posts
Gentle Gto said:
I understand to dissable your DDl's you pull the relay in the engines fuse box.Is there a special tool for this? I spoke with a Pontiac Service Manager and said they have a program to dissable the DDL's.....
Out of curiosity, Why would you want to disable the DRL's?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why haven't I done this yet???

4 BKT VET said:
I just leave the driving lights on. What would be cool is to have the ambers DDL's
YES! I did this on my Tahoe and it looks sweet. I get complemented on it all the time and it's my cheapest mod! I want to do this on the Goat. Anyone have the Sylvania bulb #'s? :confused

·
Registered
498 Posts
Moron

Pennsylvania Goat said:
YES! I did this on my Tahoe and it looks sweet. I get complemented on it all the time and it's my cheapest mod! I want to do this on the Goat. Anyone have the Sylvania bulb #'s? :confused
Now I know why I didn't do this. Our DRL's are our low beams (powered at a lower level during the day). Amber low beams would be rice-city (except of course, for the yellow lighted GTO-R...droooollll).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Open your owners manual to page 5-90 (2004 manual). The relay panel layout is shown in the lower right corner of the page. Open your hood and remove the cover on the fuse/relay panel on the passengers side. Look at the layout in the owners manual and identify position of the Daytime Running Lights relay. Remove that relay and reinstall the cover on the fuse/relay panel and you are all set. Don't forget to close the hood before driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts