Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have now had my car in for the third time to have it checked out because I keep having to have it jumped. The first time I had it in they checked it out they say everything was fine. Second time I take it back and after about 1.5hrs of waiting they say its the battery which they replaced. Third time they say its a faulty headlamp switch. I dropped it off Friday and get a call that afternoon that the part wont be in till Monday. I say no prob just keep it, otherwise i might have to jump it. Monday rolls around and they call me saying the part is coming from Michigan on Wednesday. Ask about a rental car and they say they will only cover it for 1 day!!! WTF? They get the car in on friday AND keep it till wednesday and I can only have a rental for 1 day? Thanks alot Courtesy Pontiac!

·
Registered
937 Posts
10 BEERS said:
Well I have now had my car in for the third time to have it checked out because I keep having to have it jumped. The first time I had it in they checked it out they say everything was fine. Second time I take it back and after about 1.5hrs of waiting they say its the battery which they replaced. Third time they say its a faulty headlamp switch. I dropped it off Friday and get a call that afternoon that the part wont be in till Monday. I say no prob just keep it, otherwise i might have to jump it. Monday rolls around and they call me saying the part is coming from Michigan on Wednesday. Ask about a rental car and they say they will only cover it for 1 day!!! WTF? They get the car in on friday AND keep it till wednesday and I can only have a rental for 1 day? Thanks alot Courtesy Pontiac!
Dont they have a courtesy vehicle? And I dont me "Courtesy" as in the name, I mean a vehicle with thier name all over it that they let you drive while yours is in overnight for repairs. Dick Norris does where I bought mine, and so does Lokey KIA where I bought my wifes van.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Unfortunately, Pontiac doesn't guarantee the use of a courtesy vehicle. It's up to the dealer to determine a policy for rentals vs. loaners. Check with other stores in your area. Some do. Some, obviously, don't.

BTW, a lot of 04s sat around for loooooong time before they got sold. The green eye on my Delco was dark for about 4 months before it got enough use to keep it fully charged. And there have been some defective batteries out there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I really hate the Courtesy chain. It's so large that they really don't give a **** about what happens to you only as long as they sell a vehichle and make some money.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess Im fortunate I didn't buy mine from them. Bought mine from a dealership in Lakeland, Fl due to courtesy being overpriced. by about $2500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts