Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas
I'm in the market trying to work a deal and I was wanting to get some feedback on what the concensus is on the dealer "Admin Fee". Do you guys pay it and if so, what is reasonable?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
SWA737 said:
It's the fee that's charged to run the paperwork, etc...

It's very vague, but quite prevelent at a lot of dealers. I was wondering if this is a "sucker fee".
It is a sucker fee unfortunately.

In my experience all dealerships have them. I have never heard of a dealership that does not have them in some way shape or form. Many dealerships are very good at hiding them. But the fee is only profit for the dealership.

I charge $75 to process and then $72.50 for transferring the tag. The highest fee I have seen for a car was $1500 for my mothers Jaguar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dealership I got mine from in NW Indiana charged me nothing but the 6% sales tax added to the agreed upon amount for the car. Must admit that this was a first for me but definitely not the last. Now I know all those fees they charge are crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.