Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my car into the dealer when i got it back i knotice i'm from 3/4 of a tank to half a tank and i got 40 somthing miles on my car needless to say i went back screaming i had them put on my account they are NOT TO DRIVE THE CAR OFF THE DEALERSHIP WITHOUT ME WITH THEM,if they do i will report the car stolen i was sooo pissed thats not right,i took it in for the seat and a oil change and the stering wheel swaped to the blue one no reason to be driven off the lot. :eek:

anybody have a issue with the dealer driving the car off for a joyride? :eek: :rolleyes:

and steve"gtodealer" no effence to you'r dealership but thats f'd up

·
Registered
41 Posts
If they put 40 miles on the car and burnt up a 1/4 tank of gas, they must have been driving that thing pretty hard. A 1/4 tank holds at least 4 gallons of gas if not a little more. 10 miles per gallon makes for some tire spinning fun. You should have them check to see if the car was pushed past the redline seeing as that supposedly voids the warranty.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That sucks - a Real Life FERRIS BUELLER moment.

My story is not as bad, but when I picked my car up from getting a new battery put in (at 82 miles) the dipsh*it from service dept was "testing" the new battery by drifting my car around the back of the lot at about 55 mph in 2nd gear. I could hear my car before I saw it. I freaked out and had them swap two rims and tires off another new GTO sitting on the lot. My salesman heard about it and sent me two coupons for free oil changes. Hopefully they'll make it right with you too.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I brought my 04 m6 in for an air freshener replacement and I noticed empty beer cans on the floor and lines of coke on the dash. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
I brought my 04 m6 in for an air freshener replacement and I noticed empty beer cans on the floor and lines of coke on the dash. :rofl:

No Pearl they are talking about stuff the dealership put into the car. Not you :rofl:

Seriously, you should speak to the general manager at the store. I bet they will make it right with you

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a problem with mine just this week. My friend works at the dealership and told me stories about what the guys go out and do to the GTO's and Firebirds. I took mine in for broken power mirrors and a loose door hinge and they put 11 miles on it. I laid them out. They kept telling me I was wrong and I had put 17053 on the drop-box envelope when the car really had 17063. When I picked it up it had 17064. I'm 100% sure they drove it, yet the service mgr. swears up and down no one drove it and he personally wrote the ticket on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
QwkRed05GTO said:
when I picked my car up from getting a new battery put in (at 82 miles) the dipsh*it from service dept was "testing" the new battery by drifting my car around the back of the lot at about 55 mph in 2nd gear. ... My salesman heard about it and sent me two coupons for free oil changes.
That wasn't the salesman who sent you the coupons...it was the dipsh*t from the service dept. I wonder why....

:lol:

slow

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had a simular experience years ago. I had taken my S-10SS in for a power window switch.The guy that had taken around back, and was doing donuts. Needless to say, I just about blew the roof off the place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i agree thats b.s they see a nice car hm lets go burn the tires off,see how fast it will go,do donuts,wtf grow up :eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
back in the 80's when i was young..i worked at a dealership..well when the new vetts and camaros came off the truck..we ALL would run the crap out of them !!!! with 0 miles on a car and some idoit going burn outs and 6500 shifts those things would sit a belch blue smoke out the exhaust for 10 min !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
flht3 said:
back in the 80's when i was young..i worked at a dealership..well when the new vetts and camaros came off the truck..we ALL would run the crap out of them !!!! with 0 miles on a car and some idoit going burn outs and 6500 shifts those things would sit a belch blue smoke out the exhaust for 10 min !!!
OUCH
:eek:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
1badgto said:
i took my car into the dealer when i got it back i knotice i'm from 3/4 of a tank to half a tank and i got 40 somthing miles on my car needless to say i went back screaming i had them put on my account they are NOT TO DRIVE THE CAR OFF THE DEALERSHIP WITHOUT ME WITH THEM,if they do i will report the car stolen i was sooo pissed thats not right,i took it in for the seat and a oil change and the stering wheel swaped to the blue one no reason to be driven off the lot. :eek:

anybody have a issue with the dealer driving the car off for a joyride? :eek: :rolleyes:

and steve"gtodealer" no effence to you'r dealership but thats f'd up
No offense taken, it wasn't my dealership that did it......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.