Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled out the lease quote request online, a dealer that had '05 in stock contacted me via email. She told me I can't lease the 05 this late in the year. (A different dealer I was in talks with had an 05 that I could lease) But, this lady is saying I can't lease an 05 so I asked why not? She emails me back, never explaining why I can't. But tells me the 05 has a lower residual and higher interst rate and proceeds to give me figures on leasing the 05 and a 06. "you can certainly lease the 05 but gm doesn't support it any more. The support is all on the 06 now." The figures for the 06 are lower than the 05, and are right up my alley. I ask for a break down of all costs, and to fax an application over. I fill it out, fax it back, then I get an email saying: " I just saw your name matched up with the pontaic gto on my summary sheet. This is a quote for a 2005 envoy. Was I supposed to be quoting a GTO or envoy?" Then another email directly after that one: "I'm sorry I mixed you up with an envoy customer. The gto lease of course is a different residual, rate, and price. The 05 has a better 05 lease than 06 lease as far as rates and residuals. Again I'm sorry for the confusion - let me know if you are interested."

I tried calling her, she of course was out to lunch. If i could deliver a punch in the face by fed-ex I would :D . I know it was a quote, but I filled out paper work. Do they have to stick at that price? Any suggestions or should I grit my teeth and not give them any business? Report them to BBB?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Use your strongest assett.

Give em the bird!!!!!!

Go buy the car from someone else. That is your strongest weapon against idiots.

One bit of adivice though. The 05/06 GTO do not lease well. Their residuals and money market #'s are never really good. Especially when compared to cars like the G6 or like your old car. back in 04 GMAC gave great rates for them becasue they could not give the 04's away since the LS2's were coming.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Funny you say that...I had the same experience. I asked for a quote on an '05 GTO online and got dealerships e-mailing me and calling me about a quote on a VAN. When I got it I say what the .... is ithis? Well I just didn't pursue it any further. GM must ahve some vehicles crossed up in their online quote system or something.

:confused

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GGTTOO said:
Funny you say that...I had the same experience. I asked for a quote on an '05 GTO online and got dealerships e-mailing me and calling me about a quote on a VAN. When I got it I say what the .... is ithis? Well I just didn't pursue it any further. GM must ahve some vehicles crossed up in their online quote system or something.

:confused

No they just have morons working the internet leads at your local dealerships. We used to have one of those. Thankfully he was not so politely asked to partake in the curb.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You get the best deal in person. You can get the internet smechial, but the VERY best deal is being cool with the manager and letting them know you will buy if they can get the #'s right.

Being a dick and swinging your hammer is not the best way to get the best deal. Especially when you get someone who knows cars. It does work on the average car manager though.

Personally I always give the best deals to the cool guys that legitimately need the help.

<whispers>
Mike.......get rid of the car and I will show you :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I guess I'll revert back to the old-fashion way of doing things. But, things are looking grim. I will absolutely not go for a higher car payment than my previous car and my ladies 2006 BMW, when this car is close to 10,000 grand less.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
BBKG said:
Well I guess I'll revert back to the old-fashion way of doing things. But, things are looking grim. I will absolutely not go for a higher car payment than my previous car and my ladies 2006 BMW, when this car is close to 10,000 grand less.

I'll pay for your ticket to come and buy from me. :D

It sucks that GMAC does not have better residuals right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.