Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several people on this board(and the LS1 board) that have said that thier dealerships have ordered 2005 hoods for the 2004 that they have bought. I am getting ready to pick up my Torrid red A4 2004 this week and have not had a chance to talk to the dealer about this. Anyone else have more info on this subject?

·
Registered
386 Posts
toolman said:
There have been several people on this board(and the LS1 board) that have said that thier dealerships have ordered 2005 hoods for the 2004 that they have bought. I am getting ready to pick up my Torrid red A4 2004 this week and have not had a chance to talk to the dealer about this. Anyone else have more info on this subject?
I seriously doubt that this rumor is true. Most likely, they are putting the '05 hoods on the left over '04s to help sell them. Don't get your hopes up. If they did this, can you imagine the cost and labor time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's not a trick some are getting them as an SAP (Sport Appearance Package) for 04's. It's not the full SAP, just hood, front fascia, and side skirts I believe.

Not a rumor, but not all dealerships are getting them...supposedly there was a limited amount, which makes sense.

I'm sure you could haggle at least a hood into your deal seeing as you can order them...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Snafu said:
It's not a trick some are getting them as an SAP (Sport Appearance Package) for 04's. It's not the full SAP, just hood, front fascia, and side skirts I believe.

Not a rumor, but not all dealerships are getting them...supposedly there was a limited amount, which makes sense.

I'm sure you could haggle at least a hood into your deal seeing as you can order them...
He is talking about the "rumor" that all of those who have purchased '04s would be receiving the '05 hoods. Some buyers are being offered the '05 hoods to sell the leftover '04s, but those of us who bought already will not be receiving the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts