Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally took my car into the dealership to get the rearend whine checked out and I even had the service manager ride with me and he totally agreed that it was the diff. When the tech test drove it, he drove it with the service manager and said that it was road noise. Well, when they told me this, I was pretty steamed 'cause I was not about to fall for that BS! So the next day the service manager rode with me again and on different surfaces in which the noise did not change, thus proving that it was not the tires. He mentioned that the tech didn't even get it up past 48 mph (which is where the whine starts), so the tech obviously never heard it. So the service manager, once again convinced that it was the rearend whining, said he was going to drive this time and show the technician what he heard. I guess I will see Monday if I will be getting a replacement rearend. The service manager also said that he had never heard of the rearends on these cars going out.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
PhantomGTO said:
The service manager also said that he had never heard of the rearends on these cars going out.
Obviously that manager does not read his service bulletins. We all know this whine has been brought to the attention of GM and Dana has acknowledged this problem.

A service manager relying on his mechanic to tell him what the problem is? The manager is the one that can approve the replacement. I think this service manager doesn't know what is going on. He has to rely on others to make his decisions? I think I would go elsewhere.

The jerking around they are doing to you shows me their ineptness.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GTO judge said:
PhantomGTO said:
The service manager also said that he had never heard of the rearends on these cars going out.[/QUOTE]

Obviously that manager does not read his service bulletins. We all know this whine has been brought to the attention of GM and Dana has acknowledged this problem.

A service manager relying on his mechanic to tell him what the problem is? The manager is the one that can approve the replacement. I think this service manager doesn't know what is going on. He has to rely on others to make his decisions? I think I would go elsewhere.

The jerking around they are doing to you shows me their ineptness.

Good luck

:agree Ask him if he plans to do his job in the near future. The service bulletin on the GTO has been out for months.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't let 'em jerk you around and make mutiple trips for nothing. Tell 'em to FIX IT.........period. If they won't, talk to the dealership manager or owner.

JET

·
Registered
674 Posts
johnebgoode said:
I agree here also. If you get the "owners" ear, he will listen. The last thing he wants is bad PR .
you aint kidding. after i spoke to the owner of Mack in Hicksville about what screw ups he had working for him regarding my aurora he told me to take the gto to where i bought it. so i listened to the owner of Mack and took the gto with my wife in it to arnold in babylon, dumped the troublesome aurora and got a rendezvous.

now i post on the web about how terrible macks service department was, how crummy the oxymoron called gm customer service and the jackass rueben martinez working there are, and how nice the guys at arnold are.

oh did i tell you king orourke caddy olds in lynbrook was less than pathetic, and morrissey in rockville centre has writers that dont know left from right.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Tom said:
you aint kidding. after i spoke to the owner of Mack in Hicksville about what screw ups he had working for him regarding my aurora he told me to take the gto to where i bought it. so i listened to the owner of Mack and took the gto with my wife in it to arnold in babylon, dumped the troublesome aurora and got a rendezvous.

now i post on the web about how terrible macks service department was, how crummy the oxymoron called gm customer service and the jackass rueben martinez working there are, and how nice the guys at arnold are.

oh did i tell you king orourke caddy olds in lynbrook was less than pathetic, and morrissey in rockville centre has writers that dont know left from right.
Morrissey is gonna be in for a shyt storm when I get there on 11/28 (appt.) for whining rear if they're not responsive........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Most of GM service departments suck. I had an 04 Avalanche before my GTO and brought it in to Paul Conte chevrolet in freeport for a water leak. The service manager sent it to an interior place that does their waterleaks. Well they sent it there once, I got it back and it leaked. They sent it there again I got it back and was able to stick my hand through the rubber from the outside of the truck to the inside. Then that service manager got fired or something and the new service manager tried to fix it. They even had someone from GM come down and they couldn't fix it and GM bought it back. Now my GTO leaks and I have brought it back to Sun pontiac twice now for them to replace the weather stripping. The first time they replaced it and it wasn't done right. I brought it back and now its somewhat close but still isn't 100%. O and they also put a crease the rear 1/4 panel and scratched it. I got most of the scratch out thought but i still need to get the crease taken care of.
My aunt has a escalde esv from king o'rouke in lynbrook and it has gone back for a non functioning gas gauge quite a few times. My uncle is about to lemon law it.
Morrisey, im still waiting a call back from the parts department on a part I need.

You really cant win

·
Registered
674 Posts
so i guess it is unanimous that the service depts on the south shore of nassau suck!!! that is why i am leasing both the gto and the rendezvous. if it leaks and gets moldy, fark em, it isnt my problem. if my rear goes, fark em. when it goes kaput it is their problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GTO judge said:
Would you happen to know what the service bulletin number is? I checked the website and all I could find is something that says "DANA REAR AXLE ENGINEERING EXCHANGE PROGRAM" as the summary.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I get to pick up my car today. Good new is that they are going to replace the rearend, but it's on backorder. That's fine, as long as it gets replaced I will be happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.