Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a dealership and I thought I would share this with everyone.

Last summer I was going to buy an '04 GTO at this dealership. I found out I wouldn't be able to afford it. The dealership kept my phone number and left me a message last week telling me that he wants me to come in and check out the new 6.0 GTO, black on red. So I finally gave a call back today and told him that I am looking to pick one up by June. He's trying to get me to change my mind (from red on red) to the black on red which is on the showroom floor. He said if I were his son, he'd make me buy this black one. He also said I must be crazy not to want this black one for many reasons. He told me that Pontiac says for this color combo, in 5 years it will be worth $7000 more :rofl: I told him I don't want it even "if" it's going to be worth more than my red on red...this is what I really want, not black. Every time he described the car he kept using the word "signature" (like signature black, signature red interior, signature magnum fog lamps) as if to make it more appealing to me. Then he continued to tell me that since I want it in June, he can take the black one off the showroom floor and hold it for me until I'm ready...this way it's MINE. Ummm did u not hear me say RED ON RED a million times? :willy: :lol:

Then finally he said, but if you still want the red on red, we will have to order it from the factory. Order from the factory? At the beginning of the conversation he told me that Pontiac is not making any more for the model year and it can't be ordered. :confused

Also, "news" for the future GTO, according to this guy. There will be changes in late '06 which includes a new design for the hard top coupe and also there will be a convertible GTO in the line up. That's what he told me.

Thought everyone might get a laugh from all this. I guess dealerships are really having a hard time selling these or at least had trouble with last years model. But there's no way I'm taking that black one. I WANT MY RED ON RED damn it! And that's what I plan to get! :willy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
DUDE!
Stick to your guns! I'm on your side the red on red is THE best combo in my opinion. This guy sounds like a dirt ball. I'd love to call him and inquire about a red one in hopes he says the same sh|t to me. lol I just love that crap. :rofl:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
djdub said:
I think hes confusing the "signature" GTO with the "signature" G6. :D
Wow....funny u mention that!

He told me this girl came in to buy a black G6 and she's putting a chip in it to give it 310hp! :rofl: He also said that it will keep up with anything on the road. I guess he figured that I would go for the G6 if i couldn't get that GTO! :lol: C'mon, I'm not that stupid!

Don't get me wrong, I think the G6 is a great car, definitely a jump up from the Grand Am...but I WILL NOT GET A BLACK GTO OR A BLACK G6!

·
Registered
28 Posts
In response to the G6 comment I don't know about that 310hp chip, but I beleive the G6 GTP Coupe is supposed to have a 3900 V6 with around 240 with a manual 6spd. Sounds good but just wait, by the time accounting is done with it, it would be a better deal to buy a new GTO instead... :cool

·
Registered
88 Posts
EXACTLY,,,Car salesmenn are SALES people selling cars,,

Braman'sGTO said:
The only compitent sales person I ever met was my dad and he only sold cars for about 4 weeks. His concience would not allow him to lie and cheat people like that.
Last week they sold roofs, and before that washers and dryers, and in college they sold Kirby vacuums,,,they are SALESMEN,,,dumb salesmen,,that don't give a crap about WHAT they are selling,,,or knowing anything about it,,,so sad,,,,,yes, I did it for 2 months,,,couldn't stand it anymore,,,

·
Registered
314 Posts
dctex99 said:
Last week they sold roofs, and before that washers and dryers, and in college they sold Kirby vacuums,,,they are SALESMEN,,,dumb salesmen,,that don't give a crap about WHAT they are selling,,,or knowing anything about it,,,so sad,,,,,yes, I did it for 2 months,,,couldn't stand it anymore,,,

Very true; once a salesman, always a salesman...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.