Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm cruising in the Fatbitch trying to blow off some steam (bad weekend...) and low and behold a C6 pulls up next to me :D . Car sounded really good, had to be headers and cat back... not sure what else. Anyway, we are cruising and catch a nice long stretch of road, my neighbor is with me and he knows exactly what's about to happen.... I look over at the guy in the Vette and he looks and gives a half assed smile, he drops it a gear (keep in mind I've been "cruising" at low rpm's this entire time, hehehe) I drop mine a gear.... he gives me a holy sh*t look.... and we're off! I pull out about 1.5 cars, she's spinning like an s.o.b. on the drag radials, by 50 ish she hooks and I put another 3 cars on him, I see the nose of the Vette dip down so I knew he had enough, to 95 I had around 4.5-5 cars and still pulling!! I love this car, he pulled up next to me gives me a thumbs up and turns...... That made my Sunday. :cheers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good run. Do you have a thread that says what you have done to yours. Since your sig does not help much. HAHA I know that race would have ended differently for me.

My best run was an 03 Cobra from 35mph. We ran neck to neck until about 80 and then I walked away from him.

I did beat a M5, but the guy had no idea what he was doing with that much car. So I have a hard time bragging about it. I am pretty sure that if someone knew how to use that car I would be looking at taillights. My car is stock with the exception of a good tune.

B

·
0 Posts
GTODEALER MOD LIST BELOW:

every mother f'n thing made for the car with a few custom pieces
1500hp nitrous shot
XXX heads that flow more than the ocean
valves right out of a caterpillar earth mover
pistons from the titanic

Who wants to line up with him? lol

B

·
0 Posts
who you kiddin? My huffy has already out 6-footed him!! :eek:

(thats NOT a type, I can really outaccelerate him for 6 feet, on a BICYCLE!)

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
big_mike said:
GTODEALER MOD LIST BELOW:

every mother f'n thing made for the car with a few custom pieces
1500hp nitrous shot
XXX heads that flow more than the ocean
valves right out of a caterpillar earth mover
pistons from the titanic

Who wants to line up with him? lol
..... well, atleast that's what my wallet feels like..... :willy:
hehehehe, you said heads that flow more than the ocean..... that's funny!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I thought it was kinda funny myself....

Truth be told, here is the REAL list:

Stock LS1 block
Stock doors and fenders
Stock gauge panel and interior trim
Stock rearview mirrors
Stock taillamps, headlights, paint, glass, rims

Everything else has been f'd with. :-D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
big_mike said:
I thought it was kinda funny myself....

Truth be told, here is the REAL list:

Stock LS2 block
Stock doors and fenders
Stock gauge panel and interior trim
Stock rearview mirrors

Everything else has been f'd with. :-D
.... she's an 04 with an LS1..... check the vids above....

B

·
0 Posts
THATS YOUR CAR??? I remember seeing that when I first joined, its what made me want one sooo bad !!!

And I edited my post.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
big_mike said:
THATS YOUR CAR??? I remember seeing that when I first joined, its what made me want one sooo bad !!!

And I edited my post.
Yes sir, that's Fatbitch (it even says so on the cluster lol!), I'm not the kind of guy that tells everyone my mods but I will say that prelim #'s on my future setup (as soon as the Sammy is running...) is upper 690-750 rwhp......... trying to get the Samurai running so I'll have another car when I start breaking stuff... again. I'm sure you're familiar with the following pics... all my carnage!
Axle broke...

Axle twisted...

Cluster...

B

·
0 Posts
VERY familiar, I remember when you first posted those. I believe you were racing someone on the street, the first race you did fairly well in and he turned off. When he did, you heard a weird noise and was glad he didnt see you had broke.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good video.

I guess that explains why you took the c6 so soundly. I can also see why the other guy gave you the "holy **** look"

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
big_mike said:
VERY familiar, I remember when you first posted those. I believe you were racing someone on the street, the first race you did fairly well in and he turned off. When he did, you heard a weird noise and was glad he didnt see you had broke.
Yep....

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dealernut said:
Good video.

I guess that explains why you took the c6 so soundly. I can also see why the other guy gave you the "holy **** look"
Yeah, she's only a sleeper if I can keep the rpms around 1200-1500 while cruising in 6th, pretty much sounds like a car with exhaust.... and then I downshift and take full advantage of a 7k redline!!!!! :D

B

·
0 Posts
My 98 had a 7100 redline, WEEEEEEEEEEE was that sucker fun with a 2800 stall. Really should have upgraded to the Yank 4400 ThrusterPro. Still, with 285rwhp, it ran [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
dealernut said:
Good run. Do you have a thread that says what you have done to yours. Since your sig does not help much. HAHA I know that race would have ended differently for me.

My best run was an 03 Cobra from 35mph. We ran neck to neck until about 80 and then I walked away from him.

I did beat a M5, but the guy had no idea what he was doing with that much car. So I have a hard time bragging about it. I am pretty sure that if someone knew how to use that car I would be looking at taillights. My car is stock with the exception of a good tune.
You must have a very stong car. 03 Cobras pull 3rd gear (80mph and up) extremely strong. GTODEALER, you have one hell of a sick car there. I'd crap myself if I tried racing you.

Lance

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
red2003cobra said:
You must have a very stong car. 03 Cobras pull 3rd gear (80mph and up) extremely strong. GTODEALER, you have one hell of a sick car there. I'd crap myself if I tried racing you.

Lance
I appreciate that, I have a lot of respect for the s/c Cobra! I used to be a huge Mustang fan, I had a couple of SN95's, and 4 Fox bodies, and then my friend Carl Grovenstien got killed in his 88 GT, I swore to myself I'd never own another. His left front tie rod end broke and the car took a hard left into a curb, the car rolled onto the passenger door and wrapped around a tree. My friend was 6'7" tall so their wound up not being any room for his head.... I drove up on the wreck about 5 minutes after it happened (I didn't know about it at the time) and then I noticed who's car it was, the Paramedics and Police wouldn't let me get to the car.... that was probably one of the worst days of my life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts