Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they seem like such different cars. But I really want the GTO but I don't know if it's worth the extra $10K and worth the gas. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how much gas mileage you're getting and also how reliable is the GTO. That's more important to me than mileage. I appreciate your guys help. Been lurking for a while and you guys seem to be cool.

Thanks

EDDIE ED

P.S. Till now I have no experience driving something as powerful as the GTO.

G

·
Civic Si gets good gas mileage, handles decent, but needs 9k rpm to do it.
GTO gets ok gas mileage in auto, GREAT in manual, handles WELL, needs only 6k to do it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
edman79 said:
I know they seem like such different cars. But I really want the GTO but I don't know if it's worth the extra $10K and worth the gas. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how much gas mileage you're getting and also how reliable is the GTO. That's more important to me than mileage. I appreciate your guys help. Been lurking for a while and you guys seem to be cool.

Thanks

EDDIE ED

P.S. Till now I have no experience driving something as powerful as the GTO.
I think the 6 speed will suprise you with how good of gas mileage you will get. The auto is another story.

I'd say 6 speed you can get low 20's if you are dirving normal.

Auto high to mid teens.

One thing I always tell everyone to check as well is the insurance rates. i know here in Florida it is dirt cheap to insure this car. I went from a WS6(Trans AM) to a GTO and my insurance rate was cut to 1/3 of what it was.

Also keep in mind that they only produce 12/13k of the GTO a year. You will be in a very exclusive arena if you were to get one.

G

·
but hey, the auto may get bad gas mileage but you will dominate ALL at the dragstrip!
with a manual, you can play with your own stick all day long.

Gotta decide what is more important to ya.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already checked the insurance rates and the GTO would be cheaper to insure than my 95 Sentra! LOL. I'm in Miami BTW. I'm leaning GTO and probably stick also. Scratch that, definitely stick. I'm refinancing my condo so when I get the $, in about a month or so. I'll have to decide. FYI, I"m thinking or Black/Red, Black/Black or Orange/Black.

EDDIE ED

·
Registered
82 Posts
I switched from a 2002 Altima 2.5s...and it took me a few days to get used to all the power. It scared me a few times. LoL

I haven't been doing the math on my MPG..but on the display, my average MPG is 16.4

G

·
an altima???? wow. This car will feel like a top fueler than. It will probably make you think it runs 9's !!! lol

it dont, it runs mid 13's :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
edman79 said:
I already checked the insurance rates and the GTO would be cheaper to insure than my 95 Sentra! LOL. I'm in Miami BTW. I'm leaning GTO and probably stick also. Scratch that, definitely stick. I'm refinancing my condo so when I get the $, in about a month or so. I'll have to decide. FYI, I"m thinking or Black/Red, Black/Black or Orange/Black.

EDDIE ED
Miami. You better take the drive up to me to come and get your car. I have the Orange/Black less than 4 feet from me. HAHA!!!!!

Trust me get the Orange/Black. I have a huge cruch on this color.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.